Tuesday, February 19, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-1_zps200803ca.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-2_zps08f2454f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-8_zps0fb76939.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-3_zps1d9f412b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-7_zps63027a61.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-6_zps7d8cc660.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192013-5_zps61ab1d94.jpg
What I wore:
Jacket: ModCloth (find it here)
Scarf: Gap ($10 sale 2011)
Vintage Sweater c/o Adventurer Vintage
Striped shirt: American Apparel (2010)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters (2009)
Necklace c/o InfinEight
Tights: American Apparel super opaque ($25)
Loafers: Rachel Antonoff for Bass via ModCloth (2012, find them here)

Where I wore it: To the office

This sweater, jacket, and necklace have been hanging together in my closet for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the right opportunity to be worn together. They were bought and received around the same time, and it was just pure coincidence that they all played off one another perfectly. A chilly Monday morning was perfect for this outfit, paired with a favorite pair of loafers (which I've had for a year and never managed to photograph), and this go-with-anything skirt, I felt comfortable but put together.

A couple of people have asked about my hair recently, I did get it cut and you can see the extra layers a bit better here. What may seem extremely minimal to you, was actually four inches from the bottom, and six to seven inches in other areas...it was a little traumatic to tell you the truth, but I'm so glad I got it cut. I've been parting my hair in the middle for a change of pace lately, it's amazing how much just changing your part can change your face. It makes me look more like my father, I almost don't recognize myself. This is spiraling into another post for another day, I'm actually working on a post about hair so I'll save this tirade for that!


Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great outfit!!
Everything works so well together!!
I am in love with those loafers too...they are so cute!
-Adrienne. xo


Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

I love this outfit! The colors are really lovely for winter without being too dark/dreary!

I can't quite seem to figure out how to style sweaters with skirts for myself. Maybe my torso is too short and/or curvy to have to lay the way I envision I want it to look...? Or I need like, cropped sweaters? Who knows.

Janika R. said...

I loved that blue sweater and lovely pendant

Laura Go said...

I am LOVING how you're styling your hair here! I agree- changing the part can be HUGE!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Jennifer said...

I really want to start trying to part my hair in the middle (like my Modcloth shoot). I need to just take time and figure out how to get it to work just right lol

xo Jennifer



I love how the color and shape of your necklaces instantly draws the eye to the near exact shapes and colors in the jacket - such a fantastic coincidence. And your hair looks lovely - I bet your head feels so much lighter!

Anonymous said...

Great shots, love the loafers,how about maybe the bass penny loafers?

Lily EBVS said...

Ooooh, maroon tights! I'd forgotten how much I love how they look. Your hair looks great (especially next to that voluminous scarf) -- I like that you've kept the feel of the length while showcasing your waves.

sweet harvest moon said...

Love your jacket!

Mackenzie said...

So cute!! I love the tights and shiny flats :)


happinessiscreating said...

I am loving the infinity scarf!

Learn how to make a knitted infinity scarf that doesn't require knitting!

lauren, curious constellation said...

That necklace is stunning and I love the colour palette you have for this outfit.

Julie Howell said...

Ohh I love that jacket!! I'm truly envious of your color mixing abilities.


Heather P. at Fancy Alter Ego said...

I really like this outfit! On cold days, I usually default to skinny jeans, boots, and some kind of giant sweater. You're making me rethink that a bit. :-)

I was wondering if you cut your hair! It looks good...not too drastic...but fresh!

Eleonora said...

Your skirt is sooo adorable! I love that kind of!
Hope you'll visit my blog!

xoxo from Italy

Michal said...

You are always wearing the most covetable jewelry.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!