Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Little Reminiscence

 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-3_zps8a01d290.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-5_zpseceae3d5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-2_zpsafa4397f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-4_zps03c2203c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-6_zpsde23e318.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February122013-1_zps84347c69.jpg
What I wore:
Jacket: ModCloth (find it here)
Dress: ModCloth (find it here)
Hat: Brixton (Chris's)
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell "Rumi"
Bracelet: from high school
Ring c/o Lulu's
Necklace: Crompton Collective- gift from Punky
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Avalon ($20)

Where I wore it: To see John Waters last Friday

The weather in these photos could not be any more different than yesterday. Yesterday was so beautiful, sunny, dry, and in the 60's- the perfect spring preview- this particular day was windy and brutal. We rushed through outfit photos in favor of our running car with the heat at full blast. I know everyone is saying it, but I can't wait for: A) it to stay light out past 6:30 so we can take photos in the evening and B) a little warmth. I feel as though I've been especially tolerant of winter this year, I'm ready for warmer weather. I'm sick of hibernating.

This outfit has been one of my go-to's, perfect- in particular- for a day spent at the office and then an evening with John Waters, my favorite director. I know there's a great divide of opinions when it comes to his work, but I've always been a fan of anything over the top. For a little something extra, I broke out one of the few things left over from my high school days- this red velvet spiked cuff bracelet- and added this amazing eyeball ring from Lulu's, which reminds me of my middle school binder that was covered in plastic doll eyes and glitter. Sometimes I just like to reminisce.

16 comments:

Heidi said...

I am dreaming of Spring and lighter longer days too! I cannot wait. Dressing in brighter colors helps. This dress is beautiful and I love the touch of edge. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

Ester Durães said...

aww such a fabulous outfit, love it! your ring is adorable!

Drawing Dreaming

SoapiUk said...

great outfit! the dress goes so well with the jacket.

Janika R. said...

I like your ring the most.....

Gwen said...

It sounds like you were the coolest kid in middle school! Love this outfit, so edgy cool but comfy looking too. And that ring is awesome.

Jennifer said...

Love the first photo and love that dress!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

Omggg this outfit is perfect! You look so amazing with edgy details! <3

punky said...

Im calling dibs on that jacket, when your over it!

blue roses said...

my middle school binder was plastered with bizarre photographs of martin gore, songwriter for depeche mode. sometimes, i look at various notebooks i have for work, and wish so hard that decorating them with new wave pop icons would be acceptable.

charity said...

i'm loving your dress. looks cozy! and i hope you enjoyed john waters, seeing him live was a real treat for me.

cheers,
charity
http://lumivintage.blogspot.com

Ashley Brewer said...

You look amazing! I love this outfits -- and the ring is totally killer. There was this old movie theater, either in Palo Alto or Monterey, that I went to to watch indie movies or midnight movies, and they would play this: http://www.openculture.com/2013/01/an_anti_anti-smoking_announcement_from_john_waters_.html before each movie. It was pretty much the best.

-Ash
getstacked.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey said...

Ashley, that is the most amazing thing ever, thank you!

twinscraftlife lee said...

HI hello~ please visit our handmade stuff shop in etsy~ we sell handmade natural soaps, phone charms and many more~ thank you and have a nice day!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoapliciousSoap

http://twinscraftlifelee.blogspot.com/

Cait Val said...

we first thought your dress was a maxi & we were hooked. and then we saw it was a dress . . . . swoon!!! AMAZING! and the first picture is too fun. never take blogging to seriously right :)

xo. c & v
cake & valley

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love John Waters. He came to New Orleans a year or two ago for an art exhibit which I stumbled on. I wanted so badly to talk with him but he was surrounded and I never got my chance. His art was great though.

Dus Katrina said...

i wish i'd have saved some things from high school, that beanie color is such a classic. love that skirt on you & fun to "spunk" it up w/ the jacket.
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!