Thursday, December 20, 2012

Harbor Light

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In this outfit:
Coat: J.Crew (2010)
Top c/o Quiksilver Woman
Jeans: Swapped (Gap Legging Jean)
Boots: Matiko ($60 sale, 2011)
Bag c/o Quiksilver Woman
TriGraph Necklace c/o InfinEight
Belt: J.Crew (gift)

Where I Wore it: Working from home, which really means working from the library and coffee shop, and bagel place.

Quiksilver is one of those brands that has been in my closet in one way or another since, oh, around eighth grade. As a teenager, I leaned more towards graphic tees from Roxy, and in my early twenties when I worked in the ski/snowboarding industry, my preference turned more towards technical outerwear and hardgoods (Roxy snowboards are excellent); I've recently discovered the QSW line, and I've fallen in love all over again. The pieces hit the perfect intersection of comfort and relaxed style, and as a bonus many of the items' names reference East Coast locales familiar to me (Hanover, Walden). So, suffice to say I was delighted when Quiksilver offered a few items for me to style up. I took the Holiday Style Guide quiz and got Downtown Girl (though I think I could have been any of the categories), and pretty much just fell in love with everything.

I always struggle a bit with what to wear on the days that I work from home. I'm not into spending all day in sweatpants or my pjs, not because it's not comfortable, but I never feel fully awake or productive unless I go through my normal routine and get fully dressed. Lately, this has been my uniform for those days: a comfy top, jeans, and wedge boots. Perfect for a day spent skipping between the library, coffee shop, and bagel place. Because, I never really work from home- I work from various public places that also have internet.

I'm so excited to see the ocean in just a few more days! If there's anything that classic stripes and sensible tote bags remind me of, it's home. Frigid mornings at the Shipbuilding Museum. Crossing Casco Bay on the ferry. Even the smell of low tide. Which is how you can tell if you truly love and miss a place. Do you miss even the awful smells? Yep.