Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend Wear

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Sarah

In this outfit:
Vintage Sweater: From Veronika
Plaid top: J.Crew sale (2010)
Jeans: Madewell sale (2010)
Bag: Vintage Coach / Thrifted ($5)

Where I wore it: Antique shopping

Ever since Veronika gave me this sweater on my trip to visit her, I've been wearing it non-stop. As much as I love being able to dress-up for work, on the weekends- especially in fall and winter- all I want to wear are jeans and something comfy up top. In fall and winter, I gravitate towards men's flannel shirts, oversize sweaters, and boots (if you couldn't tell already, I've been living in these Matiko boots from Lulu's, too).

As much as I think it might be nice to be the kind of person who gets all turned out on the weekends, I don't think I ever will be. Not that I plan to show up at the grocery store in my pajamas anytime soon, but at my core, I love to be comfortable- I need to be able to move in what I'm wearing, I don't like to be slowed down. You can count on finding at least a couple pairs of back-up shoes in my car, an extra pair of loafers hidden beneath my desk, a hair elastic always within arms reach.

There's one more week to enter the Lulu's giveaway!

15 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

love the casual fall look!



http://lavieenliz.com

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Love the background!!
This is such a great image!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com

Femke said...

Cozy outfit!

xoxo, Femke
By Button

blue roses said...

what a great gift! i have been in dire search of a thick cream sweater like that, to also pair with all of my men's flannel and my leather boots.... you are so lucky and i am envious!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Your weekend wear is cute and cozy!

xo Jennifer

https://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

The Littlest Smitten said...

I hear ya! On my days off like today I need comfort for running errands and cleaning. I'm wearing jeans, a tee and a herringbone American Apparel sweatshirt I thrifted which so cosy. I'll probably change later for an event I'm going to but for now this is the perfect outfit for my day off. Hope your week is going well! That sweater is beautiful!

Haylie said...

I love your sweater and boots! they look so cozy :)

-Haylie

Laura said...

I absolutely love getting dressed up during the week, but like you, I think there's nothing better than getting cozy over the weekend! Great look :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I love those boots!

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Lizzie Beth said...

This jumper looks so cosy. It's the perfect go with everything cardigan and I am definitley missing something like this in my wardrobe. You look lovely. Lizz x

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

The casual fall look is so cute on you! I love how you still make it stylish!

Bostonista said...

I weirdly LOVE those shoes. They aren't my style normally but damn they work!!

xo
Kara

PS: come and enter my giveaway with Rent the Runway!
xo

Danielle said...

You're always so put together and adorable.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend lady!

xoxo

Emily Baker said...

i have a serious obsession with large knit sweaters. oye. love this one!!

ashleysheets said...

The more I see you wear those shoes, the more I want a similar pair-they look like the perfect mix of comfy/stylish!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!