Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend Wear

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Sarah

In this outfit:
Vintage Sweater: From Veronika
Plaid top: J.Crew sale (2010)
Jeans: Madewell sale (2010)
Bag: Vintage Coach / Thrifted ($5)

Where I wore it: Antique shopping

Ever since Veronika gave me this sweater on my trip to visit her, I've been wearing it non-stop. As much as I love being able to dress-up for work, on the weekends- especially in fall and winter- all I want to wear are jeans and something comfy up top. In fall and winter, I gravitate towards men's flannel shirts, oversize sweaters, and boots (if you couldn't tell already, I've been living in these Matiko boots from Lulu's, too).

As much as I think it might be nice to be the kind of person who gets all turned out on the weekends, I don't think I ever will be. Not that I plan to show up at the grocery store in my pajamas anytime soon, but at my core, I love to be comfortable- I need to be able to move in what I'm wearing, I don't like to be slowed down. You can count on finding at least a couple pairs of back-up shoes in my car, an extra pair of loafers hidden beneath my desk, a hair elastic always within arms reach.

There's one more week to enter the Lulu's giveaway!