Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Tourist

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
In this outfit:
Coat: J.Crew (sale 2010)
Sweater: Madewell (sale 2010)
Shorts: Vintage/ Avalon ($10)
Tights: American Apparel Super Opaque ($25)
Belt: Vintage Dior/ Thrifted ($2)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Thrifted ($5)
Wedges c/o Lulu's

Where I wore it: To work (and probably somewhere after work, but I can't remember)

I wore this last week, but I have no idea which day it was. I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week, jeeze it came up fast. Anyways, no, I didn't go anywhere too exciting on this day, but Chris said I looked like a tourist (a hot tourist, to use his words), so I like to think I could have traveled somewhere neat. Perhaps it was the sweater tucked in to shorts? It might seem kind of dorky to some, but I like it. Over the past year I've become much less self conscious about wearing things certain ways- tucking things in, cuffing things up, certain fits. I read in an interview recently- and I wish I could remember where and with who- that said, essentially it's good to have fashion regrets, because it means you're keeping things fresh and experimenting and having fun. That wasn't the exact quote, but you get the idea.

So that thought is what I've been keeping in mind when I get dressed in the morning- to not just fall back on tried and true combinations, but to try something new-to-me, and have fun with it.