Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sweet Rose

November 8- 1
November 8- 2
November 8- 3
November 8- 6
November 8- 7
November 8- 4
November 8- 5   
Photos by Christen
In this outfit:
Coat: Gentle Fawn via ModCloth
Top: Vintage/ Etsy ($19)
Skirt: Thrifted ($3-ish, old)
Tights: TjMaxx ($4)
Necklace c/o Noble Town Vintage
Lace Heels c/o BaliELF

Where I wore it: To work & to run errands after work

As much as I love the foliage season, I love late-autumn just as much- possibly more. Days of consistent 40 degree weather where I can finally break out some of the sweaters I've been hoarding over the summer months and not end up overheated by mid-day, darker, less-pumpkin-y tones- it's a beautiful, if gloomy time of year. Which suits me just fine. I know I talk about the weather constantly on here, but it plays such a big role in getting dressed everyday, how could I not? I think I would have a difficult time living somewhere that didn't have distinct seasons, I love the anticipation and constant change that accompany each new season.

I've been gravitating towards muted tones lately- light pinks, olive, dark browns- so when ELF asked if I'd like to style up the new Lace shoe, I knew exactly what color I would ask for: a nice, dark, chestnut brown. A color that, in my opinion goes with everything, and I wasn't disappointed. I had a pair of shoes from UO that were similar to these a few years ago, but were so uncomfortable, this pair from ELF are not only way better quality, but so easy to walk in and didn't need to be broken in at all. From there, this outfit just sort of came together, I love the dusty-rose color of this sweater paired with the olive skirt.


Don't forget to enter the Lulu's Giveaway!

18 comments:

Femke said...

OMG, I love these shoes!!! I want them too!

xoxo, Femke
By Button

kaity said...

I love this entire outfit! the colors are so pretty. and those shoes need to be in closet, like, NOW.

Liz Lauren said...

love everything about this! those shoes are sooo cute!


http://lavieenliz.com

blue roses said...

in love with those heeled oxfords, the slightly feminine, slightly masculine look is such a beautiful classic. i hate breaking in shoes, it always seems like such a chore, plus, blisters suck, so definitely a great boon when they are instantly comfortable!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

The Littlest Smitten said...

Love the details on the shoes. I can't imagine loving somewhere without weather change and distinct seasons. Autumn is my favorite season her in VT. Love to layer.

Laura Go said...

I do as well. I love cold weather especially when I can wear just a sweater out comfortably. That top? gorgeous.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

KristiMcMurry said...

This is a perfect Fall outfit! I love this season, but I really don't like the cold :( I suppose it's necessary, but I am always just numb for like 4 months...electric blankets are my best friend!

Jennifer said...

I think I love you fall outfits the best!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Jhan said...

I really like your outfits and overall style. If I could have any closet in the world, I would choose yours, especially for the dresses, skirts and tights. :-)

Katarina said...

love your tights :)

http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

Haylie said...

This outfit is so perfectly styled!! I love the sleeveless sweater and the neutral color palette with a bit of berry color from the leggings. It looks amazing :)

-Haylie

Melissa said...

Those shoes really are so gorgeous! Love this look.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Julie, I am loving these shoes! They seem to fit into your style perfectly and I like the unexpected purple tights to give your outfit a little pop of color. The hue is still deep and rich enough to feel very late fall indeed. Love that skirt too.
XOXO

Kimi Holmes said...

I think I wore those same tights today (you can check out how I styled them on my blog)! I tend to prefer muted colors as well, especially this time of year. Indiana is so gloomy, but I almost prefer that!

sweet harvest moon said...

Sweater weather is my favorite weather! Beautiful outfit!

Alexandra said...

I LOVE those shoes, but I can't buy/wear leather products. Do you know of anywhere I could find some faux alternatives?

Carlee, Almost Endearing said...

I love this outfit! And I love finally getting to wear big chunky sweaters! Great outfit!
Carlee
Almost Endearing

Broke & Beautiful said...

This outfit is so SOFT!! you look very comfy. :) That coat is my new obsession!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!