Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rust and Olive

In this outfit:
Jacket: UO ($30 2010)
Scarf: ModCloth
Dress c/o Line & Dot (coming soon!)
Cardigan: J.Crew (last year)
Tights: AA super opaque ($25)
Belt c/o Lulu's
Earrings c/o Noble Town Vintage (2011)

Boots: Jeffrey Campbell "Rumi"

Where I wore it: To the office, and to the grocery store after work.

A guarantee for a good day is when good mail arrives, Monday was already going pretty well- I woke up on time, had a productive morning at work, things had generally started out on a better note- and then I received a package kindly sent to me by Line & Dot, with this silk dress inside, and a good week was set in stone.

This is one of those dresses that I knew exactly how I wanted to wear it as soon as I saw it in person- I actually expected it to be a brighter red with black leopard print, but I couldn't be happier that it's a bit mire subdued with Sharpie-like scribbles- and for once the outfit in my head worked out. So often, I'll imagine what I believe to be a perfect outfit, and then as soon as I'm wearing it, it's all wrong. Anyway, it's nothing too crazy: tights, a goes-with-everything jacket, and goes-with-everything boots too. If there was one item I've bought in the past year that have paid for themselves, it's these black booties. I know, they're in every other post, but yeah, they're that comfortable.

I hope you're having a good week too!

14 comments:

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

gorgeous look!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Salem Style said...

love the dress :)

Salem Style

lauren, curious constellation said...

I love how oversized the scarf is, it works so well.

Micaela // Drifter and the Gypsy said...

At first glance I thought the dress was some kind of animal print but now I can see the little scribbles. I love it nonetheless!

irene wibowo said...

pretty dress. :)Irene Wibowo

kimberrleigh said...

This is probably one of my most favorite fall outfits! I might have to go out and buy that dress! :)
And your outfit posts have convinced me I need to get some thick sweater tights this upcoming paycheck! :)


<3
carelessly graceful

Bethany said...

Everyone's pictures are reminding me that I need some scarves! Warm ones. Is massive scarf shopping a legit thing to do?

http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great dress! Love it with the jacket!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

this is a prefect fancy fall outfit :)
Oh, My

Jennifer said...

So cute! Olive and rust definitely belong together :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Caitie Schlisserman said...

that scarf looks beyond cozy! loving all the layers in this outfit!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Rachel Lynne said...

This is soooo amazing! I LOVE your scarf, so big and beautiful!

xoxo,
Rachel

Melissa said...

That scarf is beautiful. You always have the best accessories.


<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Herry Johnson said...

Are you searching accessories for orchids, we are dealing with Orchids Accessories, Accessories for Orchids and buy orchid accessories. We provide the best and good quality or give gurantty.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!