Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Transition

In this outfit:
Dress: vintage, Beacon's Closet ($18)
Top: vintage, c/o Pineapple Mint (2010)
Shoes: vintage, thrifted ($4)
Purse: vintage, thrifted ($10)
Sunglasses c/o Lulu's

Where I wore it: To the office

It's that wonderful time of year, not quite summer anymore, but not yet autumn either. The temperature is all over the place: it was 70 degrees yesterday, 48 degrees this morning, and word is it'll be in the mid-80's come Thursday, so expect to see quite a mash-up of outfits. I'm not quite ready to fully transition my wardrobe, but I didn't pack this dress away with the rest of my cold-weather clothes last season, thinking that I would wear it alone this summer. I was kidding myself of course, leather is warm, but for a breezy day sans tights (I'm so not ready for tights), it was perfect.

I know everyone is talking about fall these days, but why shouldn't they be? Having four distinct seasons keeps things exciting, it gives me something to look forward to, a welcome and tangible change. I'm excited for heavier fabrics, darker colors, and fun layering possibilities. And not sweating my ass off. Because, man this summer was brutal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a completely unrelated note, if you're in the Pittsburgh area tomorrow at 6pm, Propelle is hosting it's monthly networking happy hour. There will be a special short panel for the evening featuring myself, fellow ModCloth employee Aire Plichta, and Pittsburgh Stylist Bridgette Cunningham. The event will be held at AVA Lounge and is $5 at the door. If you'd like more info, shoot me a message on Facebook! Hope to see you there!

26 comments:

Monse Fuentes said...

lovely outfit!



El blog de Monse
El blog de Monse
El blog de Monse

modern Suburbanites said...

this look is SO adorable! you look fabulous.

http://www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Laurel Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bea! said...

Slammaramma! You look bangin'! Hope you guys get some nice FOYLEEAGE down theya. Xoxo. We miss you.

Laurel Walker said...

I love this look. My hubs peered over my shoulder and even gave his absolute approval in the form of, "That's really nice, you should get something like that." Ah, men.

Great look; it's really workin' for ya.

Love, Opinionated Girl

Liz Lauren said...

cute outfit!

http://lavieenliz.com

RoselyC said...

Great purse

CreatureType.com said...

I love this outfit! The combo of the heavy, structured leather and light, feminine shirt with the bow is perfect!

Alexis said...

You look so cute! I'm always a little envious of your beautiful hair and how great it looks :). I agree, it's great to have four distinct seasons!

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

you look so cute, I always love this hairstyle! xx

Marlen said...

This summer really was brutal, but i'm so not ready to put away all the bright colors! I like this period too, where you can get away with wearing something like a heavy grandpa sweater and shorts- it opens he door for some interesting mixes. i love this look, it's so fun!

Kitsune-kun said...

duuude is your jumper made of leather? jumpers are my absolute favorite, but I've never seen one in a material like that! so cool! also, I absolutely LOVE your shoes:)

Lilli said...

Amazing outfit, very retro! I moved from NYC to Miami so I'm currently missing the lovely fall transition, ugh!

borderlinebasic.blogspot.com

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

i love this! this is a perfect summer to fall transitional look, it belongs in some sort of how-to book on dressing between seasons. wish i could get my milkmaid braids to look that good!

blue roses said...

this is so deliciously mary tyler moore meets francois hardy... i love it! perfect transition look!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Dude that's a wicked outfit!! Lovin that dress props to your style :)

Mardle Made said...

I LOVE this dress so much, I've admired it in previous posts and am always looking for something similar.

I'm looking forward to fall too.

xx

www.mardlemade.com

Jennifer said...

I am totally loving this look!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

laura-ChambrayandCurls said...

I still cannot believe that dress. It is SO perfect. You look amazing
xxx

akumaxkami said...

Ooh, I picked up a purse very similar to that one at a thrift store. :)

elizabeth said...

I plan on being at the Propelle happy hour! Look forward to meeting you there!

Brittany said...

Loving everything about this combination. I am looking forward to fall as well. St. Louis is a little warm still, but I can feel it around the corner!
-Brittany

Girl and Closet said...

I'm with you, SO not ready for tights yet - but definitley looking forward to adding new pieces to my wardrobe. Yay, fall! You look absolutely gorgeous in these photos Julie, love the location and the dress paired with the blouse is super cute! Hope you're having a great week. xo V

Laura said...

3 things: 1) I will forever love those sunglasses. 2) This whole outfit is so awesome. 3) I admire your bravery - I don't know that I'd ever have the guts to do a jumping photo where other people could see me!

Also, I'll be in Pittsburgh this weekend very briefly! Can't wait to be back in the 'burgh :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Chaucee said...

Those glasses, and that dress are PERFECT! What a find at BC! I'm so excited for fall. I can't wait to break out the sweaters!

Jamie Rose said...

This leather dress is just so cool! I absolutely love the dotted blouse layered underneath it. Your sunglasses are fantastic too. This outfit is definitely an A+!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!