Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sunsoaked

In this outfit:
Dress: MinkPink via Nasty Gal ($30 sale)
Denim vest: Thrifted ($5-ish)
Shoes c/o Lulu's
Bracelets: Vintage- gifts from parents when I was small
Necklaces: InfinEight (c/o) *and one that's old*

Where I wore it: To work on a Monday morning

We all have those days where we want to feel unencumbered, dressed, but not really. Those days are usually Mondays for me. By the end of the week, I've worked up to belts and fitted waists, but on a Monday the sheer thought of wrapping something around my middle is enough to send me back to bed, covers thrown over my head.

This is an outfit often repeated, a summer stand-by this year. The most comfortable dress, my go-to denim vest, and shoes that feel like flats, but aren't. Topped off with jewelry that has been in my possession since I was young, under-appreciated until the past couple of years. Thank god I kept it. A turtle bracelet was the farthest thing from my mind in my ticky-tacky college repertoire of leopard-print bandage skirts, torn fishnets, and plastic-y adornments.

The temperature has finally leveled off to where I can appreciate these days, especially now that these days are getting noticeably shorter. I want to gather them all up, hold onto them, bring them out in the depths of winter when I'm stuck inside on a miserable afternoon. Already there are hints of autumn- our favorite dives are starting to fill back up with college kids, not to mention that I've been writing fall coats and holiday dresses since June at work!

25 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

Love your shoes! What a great outfit!
~www.Tinacious.Me~

modern Suburbanites said...

you look gorgeous! i love your dress and those shoes!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

You look great, as usual! I really love those shoes... like wow.

Heidi said...

Cute dress, it looks very comfortable and beautiful on you. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

salemstylecrochet.com said...

Love that outfit! Definitely worth being a repeat :) That dress just looks so comfy!

Lainna J @ Salem Style

Marlen said...

haha i'd sink back into the covers too. i work in a corporate building for over a year now and i somehow got away with wearing floral hippie dresses and loud prints on prints. it still amazes me. and this look is so pretty! i love a good loose fitted white dress

Hope said...

You look gorgeous!! Summer has been all about simple for me. It's just too hot to layer on so many things sometimes.

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful summer outfit!

Katarina said...

so amazing <3

http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Texas! said...

You look gorg!

Laura said...

That dress looks so wonderfully comfortable...sigh. Have you been doing anything different with your hair? It's been looking extra gorgeous lately!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

alittlevintagestory said...

Great oufit, it looks super comfortable and perfect for work.

Romina-Santana-Art said...

That`s a really beautiful combination! I wish I had your confidence to wear summer dresses more often in hot weather (I always feel to self-concious about my legs!). Here in my country we are in the last days of winter, it`s funny to see you`ve just beggining with the autumn days! Your blog is lovely, keep the outfits coming =)

Jennifer said...

That dress is amazing!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sandy a la Mode said...

you are sooo beautiful! love the shoes!!

Girl and Closet said...

Love this outfit Julie, it's so perfectly summer and I love the ease of it. I know what you mean, there are days (most days, hehe) when flowy dresses & a simple layer are a godsend! You look stunning!!

And I so never want this perfect weather to end. Ugh, hate being trapped in my apartment on a cold & rainy afternoon. I obviously, need to come up with a better plan for this year! ;) Happy almost, weekend! xo V

The Littlest Smitten said...

Love the comfortable look of this outfit. I've been super into my dresses this summer. In part due to an extremely hot summer. Though autumn is my favorite season so I'm looking forward to layering more again. Also those bracelets are awesome. Have a great weekend Julie!

A Wild Tonic said...

I love this outfit! It looks so simple, yet perfectly put together.

oleah said...

lovely summer outfit.

xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

I think this is an amazing outfit! :D:D The dress is so pretty!

backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive's twitter


xoxo backtofive

Caitie Schlisserman said...

LOVE that dress especially with the vest!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

BrassyLibrarian said...

I think I'm the total opposite. I'm all about the pencil skirts and belts at the beginning of the week. But towards the end? Give me loose and flowy. Love this outfit. First time reading your blog, but I will be back!

http://www.librarianlistsandletters.com/

Shannon

Kaitlin said...

so so so beautiful.
this dress reminds me of the medieval times or something
love love the pretty bracelets too

xo kaitlin
kaitgirl

Rita Carvalho said...

What a lovely dress!

seelovemake.blogspot.com

Ester DurĂ£es said...

wow I love this outfit, you look so pretty! :)

Drawing Dreaming

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!