Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reality Check

In this outfit:
Dress: Beacon's Closet ($12)
Cardigan: J.Crew Outlet ($25-ish)
Shoes c/o Haberdash Vintage (2011)
Bracelet c/o Lulu's 
Bag c/o Ruche

Where I wore it: To the office & for after-work drinks.

I'll be the first to tell you these aren't the best photos ever. And I almost didn't post them, but I chose to post them for a reason. Here it is: I've been really sick of my wardrobe lately. I'm ready for fall, like everyone else. Foolishly wishing away warm, sunny weather in favor of brisk days, cold weather I know I will be sick of in a couple of short months. As I stood in front of my closet this morning, hemming and hawing over what to wear, searching for something new and exciting, that little voice in the back of my head spoke up: "Look at all the things you have, that have gone unworn these past few months."

And it's true, I've been neglecting a good portion of my closet in favor of new styles. So, while the weather is warm, I'm making the effort to put these unworn pieces to work, dusting them off. And this rosy dress is one of those pieces. Much shorter than what I tend to gravitate towards lately, but with a cardigan and oxfords, I didn't feel too scandalous, or even worse, too young.

This isn't my all-time favorite outfit, and my hair is a mess (though I actually like it this way), but it's reality, and we all have these days. In other news, this past weekend was awesome, and I'll hopefully have some pictures to share with you from Saturday's race.