Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vibrant Gloom

In this outfit:
Dress: Asos ($36 sale)
Belt: Thrifted ($2)
Hat: Vintage/thrifted ($3)
Loafers: Thrifted ($5)
Umbrella: Vintage ($25)
Bracelet c/o Lulu's

Where I wore it: To the office!

Why is it that when I actually think to bring an umbrella to the office, it doesn't rain? Today was one of those days. I suppose it's better to be prepared, but I often find myself in poor weather terribly unprepared. Despite the dry skies, I still wanted to show off this vibrant umbrella I found at the Miller Antique Mall in Verona a couple of months back. I love accessories when they can be both fun and functional, and a bright and bold pattern is the perfect way to brighten up an incredibly grey day.

As far as the rest of my outfit goes, this dress is much more...dear than what I typically gravitate towards. Peter-Pan collars usually aren't my jam, but I made an acception because this dress is crochet, and let's face it: it was on sale. I do love it though, and am happy I fell for it. I can see it working for cooler summer days (like this) or with tights for early fall. I am thinking of replacing those pearl buttons with something a little less...pearl though. We'll see. The heart belt and arrow bracelet just seemed to want to be paired together.