Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kick Around

 
In this outfit:
Vest: Thrifted ($3)
Top c/o Spotted Moth
Skirt: Thrifted ($5)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell "Rumi" bought from work
"Bella" Bag c/o BaliELF
Necklace c/o InfinEight

Where I wore it: To the office!

I'm writing to you today from the wilds of Maine! Where the internet doesn't exist! Just kidding...kind of. I'm writing from an internet cafe, because the internet doesn't exist at my mom's house. This has been a welcome- albeit a little inconvenient- reprieve from any and all social media and technology. I'm not complaining, it's rare these days to have a legit excuse to not answer your phone, email, etc. Wonderful to not feel compelled to check my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. every five minutes.

I wore this outfit last week to work, an unprecedented day where I actually felt compelled to do something with my hair, which has either been hanging limp or twisted into a cop-out bun almost all summer. It's hard to feel motivated in 95 degree heat, and this style was a nice vacation from the everyday. Do you find yourself getting caught in a hair-routine? The same old ponytail or messy bun? Yep, you're not alone!

This is the second iteration of this particular outfit. I feel as though sometimes I have to wear an outfit twice to really figure it out- if that makes sense. The first time I left out the vest and necklace and wore flat sandals- I far prefer this dressed up version. This bag has been my constant companion for the past week and a half, it's large and sturdy enough to stash two cameras and has enough pockets to keep everything else separate, which is ideal.

Hope you're having a wonderful week, stay tuned for another giveaway tomorrow!

23 comments:

Diana said...

Wow your style is so unique! I love your hair!

niki said...

love your hair!
~niki <3
http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

Jasmine said...

Yes! The Heidi Braids return! Coolest hair ever.
Nice shoes too.

Daiya said...

Wow! You look a little bit like Joss Stone, if you know her =) Great post!

Emily Baker said...

lovveee the french maid braids on you. STELLAR!

have fun in maine!!! so nice to get away sometimes :)

Sarah @Tulle and Trinkets said...

I love your little striped shirt and hair! I went to Maine once, and I loved it! It's beautiful -- have fun!

Morgan Erina said...

Your hair looks so cute :)
I know what you mean about getting into a pattern with hair, it's frustrating

Romina-Santana-Art said...

your hair is so nice! I always have trouble making braids, how did you manage to make that pulled up style?

Meredith said...

Question for you, lady. I always love your simple eye makeup. Looks so clean and stunning. What's your go-to for black eyeliner?

Justalazymorning said...

lovely shoes!
very cute outfit!!

lauren, curious constellation said...

Your hair! Wow! My hair is about the same length as yours but I always seem to mess up braids when I do it, yours however are perfect

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

haha something about no internet drives me wild! i adore your hair!! have fun in maine!
xo,
steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Marlena said...

the details in your outfit are always what totally make the look, like the flower crown or that pretty necklace. you look amazing! (ps how many bobby pins did you need to keep all that hair up haha lawd)

Jennifer said...

Your hair looks so cute like that!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

beauty supplies online said...

You can put an outfit together without causing too much. Thrift store is the answer to your fashion dilemma. If you know where to look at you can probably get your hands on designer clothes.

nicola lynde said...

Saw your amazing hair via instagram earlier, so pretty!

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

Cute outfit! and i really love your hairdo!


backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive's twitter


xoxo backtofive

jamie cassell said...

I wondered where you've been! I've missed you.
As usual, I love this outfit. The texture and length of the skirt is so perfect with the cropped top and best. Adorable!

lindsay said...

Now that's a summer outfit! xx sty-li

http://sty-li.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Julie, how do you keep your gorgeous hair from falling down with the weight of the braids..do dish! i have tried this but they want to fall right off the top of my head. Beautiful look. dawn suitase vignettes xo

immerlight said...

Great outfit! Love your hair and bag!)

http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.be/

Jamie Rose said...

Casual and cute outfit. I really love your hair braided like that. All the layers in my hair make it hard for me to braid it, so I'm jealous!

casper+pearl said...

amazing style! your hair looks lovely.

lots of love from the c&p girls,
www.casperandpearl.blogspot.com
xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!