Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lulu's x Orchid Grey: Inspired by Debbie Harry

For the month of June I've partnered with Lulu's.com to bring you a series of four posts, each one inspired by a different 1970's female musician. Check back every Tuesday to see my interpretation of an influential artist's signature look.

Heart of Glass by Blondie on Grooveshark
Pretty Baby by Blondie on Grooveshark



In this outfit:
T-Shirt, Skirt, Belt, Wedges, Sunglasses, Chain Bracelet courtesy of Lulu's 
Red spike bracelet & stud bracelet: bought in high school

This week's look is inspired by Debbie Harry of Blondie. Unlike Fleetwood Mac (last week's inspiration), which is a relatively new addition to my turntable from the past few years, Blondie has been a near constant since adolescence. I'm pretty sure it was in 8th grade that I first gave Blondie a listen, coming down off my 7th grade disco-phase high, Blondie was the perfect segue into slightly more punkier fare. Debbie's style was just as alluring as Blondie's sound to my young self: a well-blended combination of 70's disco sparkle and punk rock edge. Sequins, perfectly shrunken and shredded t-shirts, and that effortlessly mussed up blonde mop.
See last week's inspiration post here.

29 comments:

HATTIE AND THE JETS said...

Ahh How Retro Chic! I loooove it. Channeling your edgy. It's a good look!

XOXO JET

www.hattieandthejets.blogspot.com

Michal said...

I love this series.

Jessica Broyles said...

Ah, you look so cool! Love the skirt!

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Margaret Ruskin said...

You had me at "inspired by Debbie Harry".

abby said...

Great sunglasses...I love gray in accessories and feel like it is hard to find a pair in that shade! Love your hair too...always!

http://nateandabbyclark.blogspot.com/

A.M. said...

You nailed it! Excellent job!

Kyla said...

So. Freakin'. Hawt.

amanda said...

shut the FRONT DOOR. this is totally hot. i am so diggin this series with lulus. really. it's quite brilliant. and i love how effortlessly you can transition between such different styles. loooooove!

Epic Thread said...

So much awesomeness! The 10th photo down is my favorite.
Jillian

Jennifer said...

What a rock star! Love your hair like that :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Shani said...

I am madly in love with everything about this. It's perfect!

The Girl Collected

Caitie Schlisserman said...

that skirt is amazing! and your hair!!!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Sade said...

Your hair is what dreams are made of! Also that skirt is pure perfection

hello DODO said...

LOVE it! That skirt is awesome. And love Blondie!

charity victoria said...

you're such a badass.

Daphne said...

This is awesome!!!

Justalazymorning said...

so rock!

Agatha said...

J'adore ce style qui change de d'habitude =)

rebelrousher said...

Great photos and outfit! I love the sequin skirt, very cute :)

xx
Kat
rebelrousher.blogspot.com

The Eye Behind the Detail said...

Love the post. Edgy awesomeness. The hair is baaariliant!

Lauren Hargrove said...

I love your punk style :)

You can change styles so effortlessly and I admire that.

Mardle Made said...

Love it! Those sunglasses are AMAZING!!!!

xx

www.mardlemade.com

Debora Bondì said...

so rock! love!
and your hair... wow!

FOLLOW ME ON MA COPINE REBECCA BLOG!

Bre said...

Oh Blondie, a great band. Love that you brought sequins to the day! Also, your hair looks amazing like that.

blue roses said...

up in ithaca, this dj duo used to host "versus" dance parties, pitting favorite pop icons against one another in a battle of the rhythmic shakes. one night, blondie and madonna dueled. i will side with debbie harry every day.

anyway, this look would have been perfect for an all night hip shaking fest!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Chelle Lynn said...

You are rocking that hair, girl friend.

Jamie Rose said...

Blondie is awesome! I love this outfit inspired by her. The sparkly skirt is great and your hair looks so cute like that.

hannah said...

Love love love this look! I am a huge fan of Blondie (and Fleetwood Mac - though I loved FM first). I think you look totally amazing and that pink sequin skirt is utter perfection! x

Kim said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!