Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lulu's x Orchid Grey: Inspired by Debbie Harry

For the month of June I've partnered with Lulu's.com to bring you a series of four posts, each one inspired by a different 1970's female musician. Check back every Tuesday to see my interpretation of an influential artist's signature look.

Heart of Glass by Blondie on Grooveshark
Pretty Baby by Blondie on Grooveshark



In this outfit:
T-Shirt, Skirt, Belt, Wedges, Sunglasses, Chain Bracelet courtesy of Lulu's 
Red spike bracelet & stud bracelet: bought in high school

This week's look is inspired by Debbie Harry of Blondie. Unlike Fleetwood Mac (last week's inspiration), which is a relatively new addition to my turntable from the past few years, Blondie has been a near constant since adolescence. I'm pretty sure it was in 8th grade that I first gave Blondie a listen, coming down off my 7th grade disco-phase high, Blondie was the perfect segue into slightly more punkier fare. Debbie's style was just as alluring as Blondie's sound to my young self: a well-blended combination of 70's disco sparkle and punk rock edge. Sequins, perfectly shrunken and shredded t-shirts, and that effortlessly mussed up blonde mop.
See last week's inspiration post here.