Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lemon Out!

In this Outfit:
Top: ModCloth (find it here)
Shorts: Vintage/Avalon ($10)
Necklace: Vintage/Avalon ($15)
Loafers: Thrifted ($5)

Three new favorites, all at once. I had astoundingly good luck at Avalon this weekend, a rare occurrence. Chris works nearby, so I'll usually pop in on a Saturday or Sunday (and sometimes both) before he gets out to browse around, I usually leave empty handed but this time I found quite a few actual vintage pieces (and one really great oxford shirt). Among my treasures were these suede shorts and this copper necklace. I'm a huge fan of copper jewelry lately, and I'm so glad Chris talked me in to purchasing this necklace, this is something I can see myself wearing for a long time. Same with these shorts, I can't believe I was actually thinking of seasonal transition when I bought these, I mean it's not even summer officially yet, but I guess that's a drawback of working in the retail industry: when one season is starting, you're already seeing previews of the season to come. Also, lemon shirt. Couldn't resist.

This turned out to be one of my favorite outfits lately, I felt like a cross between the Babysitters Club and a 90's artsy mom. Actually the term "Artsy Mom" is what I find myself thinking about a lot of my outfits lately. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing...

(side note: This is a bad thing...after Google image searching the term "Artsy Mom", I think I need to stop thinking this way...not good, not good...)

Also, as a side note to my side note, thank you to those of you who left comments in yesterday's post, I love reading about all the things making you happy at the moment!

20 comments:

Marlena said...

haha "artsy mom", i can kind of see it. and a YES to the babysitters club reference. very nice.

i love this look! especially the high waisted pants- that was a very lovely find indeed. i feel lie that color would really add to any outfit. and lemon shirt- there was definitely no resisting that :)

kristin said...

Love this outfit and love Avalon! There is a good one in Mt Lebanon, too!

Jessica Broyles said...

Love that necklace - so cool! hahaha I googled the term artsy mom too... Oh geez.

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Frannie Pantz said...

Ok. I have to kind of control the urge not to word vomit about my adoration for this look on here, but I will simply say that the lemon print is AMAZING, those shorts are super cute and I love your hair like that. There. I feel better now.

Caitie Schlisserman said...

I LOVE that blouse and that amazing huge necklace!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Lauren said...

i constantly tell people i'm drawn to things that might make me look like an art teacher. also, i think we all have a BSC member in us somewhere. i always identified with claudia because she was bad at school and had her own phone line.

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

that top is just darling, just like you!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Bad Taste Toast said...

You look great! I love the eye-catching necklace with the lemon blouse!

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Love this outfit! The lemon shirt is just perfect for hot summer days. And the shorts are excellent with it. I can see them transitioning into autumn as well.
XOXO

StyleGodis said...

Love that outfit!
Check out this new weshop, where bohemian meets trendy :)

http://stylegodis.com

xoxo
StyleGodis

Jennifer said...

Super cute top!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

vintagewithatwist said...

artsy mom is definitely a good thing! haha, love the term.

The Braided Bandit said...

I LOVE this top! I have been lusting after an RVCA lemon print dress for awhile now, not sure if the same company makes this top or not. I may just have to type that into an ebay and etsy search now and see what comes up!

What I also love is you googling "artsy mom". SO FUNNY, but I really don't think that has to be a bad thing!

Jamie Rose said...

I just love the lemon print on your top! It's so quirky and summery. Those shorts are fantastic too.

Ellen Love Linam said...

Love that the title of this post is Lemon Out! 30 rock! Great outfit!

eleln-loves.blogspot.com

sweet harvest moon said...

That top is cute! I love fruit prints on clothes, makes it more fun!

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

Th lemon prints look sooo cute! :D

backtofive.blogspot.com

Kristy Naylor said...

I live in bethel park and Avalon is only 5 minutes away, I might have to check it out! Love this look!

blue roses said...

you can totally use your prowess to create a new and original and awesome connotation for "artsy mom".... I KNOW YOU CAN!

that brass necklace is baller, so glad you did not leave the shop without it. instant regret.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Santina said...

Well, well, well...as luck should have it, I'm curating my wishlist right now. This shirt is definitely on it, and I think it's safe to say I now must have it. You look so lovely in lemons! Hee hee.

I absolutely love that necklace. I'm happy you didn't pass it up!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!