Monday, September 19, 2011

NYFW: Cornflower and Cranberry at the Lulu's Brunch

Tights: AA Super Opaques
I Got Sole Heel c/o ModCloth
Chain Bracelet c/o ModCloth
Bag: vintage/thrifted coach ($14)

Man, it feels great to post some non-wedding outfit shots! I do have a few more wedding related posts planned, but I'm taking a break. It has taken me about a month to get back to a normal routine after August-wedding-madness, and I'm SO HAPPY it's all over. Don't get me wrong I loved my wedding, but it's crazy how one event can completely consume your life, where the HECK did summer go? This week, I'm looking forward to taking it easy, and welcoming autumn air into my life. It's been a bit chilly and I think it's time to switch over most of my summer wardrobe to fall. Also, after a few weeks off from styling outfit shots, I have so much inspiration and so much to share with you guys. I'm totally pumped.

Anyways, I digress. This outfit is from Fashion Week! I'm working a bit backwards, as I wore this on my last day in the city. I've had this dress from Lulu's for awhile, but have been saving it to wear with tights...it's a tights kind of dress i.e. it's short. Anyone who has been reading O.G. for a while now will probably recognize my favorite colors here, I love muted blues and purple-y reds, especially paired with my favorite brown shoes. Lulu's was very kind and invited me to a brunch they were hosting at the Crosby St.Hotel, possibly the fanciest hotel I've ever seen. It was great to catch up with/ finally meet some of my favorite ladies like Tieka, Ashley, and Emily.

28 comments:

Della said...

Very pretty! Those shoes are killer. I'm getting pumped to wear tights!

Chaucee said...

I can't awit until I can legitimately wear tights through the entire day. SO excited for crisp weather.
Ps - Love the dress! I was so close to buying one similar at H&M but ended up not.

Mici Milovaného said...

aaaah, I totally adore your that color palette . and your hair is soooo beautiful

Julie Khuu said...

Love this autumnal color combination...that hint of mustard beige is just what this ensemble needs for classic contrast...you look gorgeous....those plum tights are a genius touch!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Spinner's End said...

this outfit is so perfect for fall.. i completely love the color palette as well, i can't help myself from wearing muted tones like these when the weather starts to turn.
spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

Aliya said...

That dress is so pretty and those shoes are to die for! You look amazing!

x Aliya
www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

Rhiannon said...

love your dress and shoes!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

i love the pleated dress!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Manding. said...

i love the pleats and back on this dress + the color scheme of this outfit. so happy you had fun :)

ps, http://amandamantes.blogspot.com !

Samantha said...

what do we do now that the weddings are over? hehe i know- blog!

xo
sami

chillairandperfume said...

Love how that dress looks with the leopard belt!

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

akiko said...

Love love your dress! The pleats is so perfect and looks great with your tights. You look gorgeous :) -akiko

http://styleimported.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

The dress is absolutely beautiful. I think it's one of those things were you can dress them up or down w/ the right accessories. I love your choice of them btw, so nicely done!

Rae Veda said...

I'm so in love with this whole outfit. I never wear blue but I may have to start. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

gorgeous colors! so appropriate for fall! lovely!

Kat said...

This outfit is absolutely to DIE for! Love the dress and shoes!


-Kat
http://certainsomethingvtg.etsy.com

Irene Wibowo said...

lovely dress! :)

The Jones said...

ADORE pleats...so fun and effortlessly clean and chic. That event sounds like ablast...quite envious!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I LOVE this outfit, and it was especially great seeing it in person!! I had so much fun hanging out with you gals last week!! I miss everyone already! xo

charity @ c'est la belle vie said...

the shoes, the belt, the tights...just lovely!

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Yay, Julie!! SO thrilled to see one of your beautiful outfit posts. I'm loving this outfit it's SO fantastic, love the mix of beautiful colours + the layered bracelets. AND I swoon over those shoes each & every time. Hope your week is a fantastic one. xo veronika

Helena said...

I love your outfi!
Amazing blog!!!

http://foreverfashion-2011.blogspot.com/

FASHION ICE said...

those tights are great with that dress

Chloe said...

The colour of that dress is so amazing on you!!

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

wildchild said...

i never would have thought of that color combo, but it works well on you. and that hair! pretty pretty :)

Tracy said...

The back on this dress is perfection!

Dorien said...

Fabulous dress, I love it, and that colour looks so great on you!

Jamie Rose said...

Your dress is so great and I just love the color of your tights. The leopard belt is great too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!