Wednesday, September 21, 2011

NYFW: Aubergine and Chambray at Lucky FABB!

(Photos taken by Jen)
Blazer: Vintage thrifted ($5)
Dress: J.Crew sale ($15)
Hat: H&M ($15)
Belt: J.Crew (gift)
Bag: Vintage/Thrift Coach ($14)
I Got Sole Heel c/o ModCloth

When planning all my outfits for New York, I got a little frustrated, as much as I wanted to wear all my favorite combinations of fall attire, the weather had other plans and decided to call for rain and humidity. On the day of Lucky FABB however, I got my wish for a relatively cool and rainy day. Out of all my NYFW outfits, this one was by far my favorite. This vintage blazer has been in my closet since spring, but went unworn until NY. I love the deep purple, velvet elbow patches and purple buttons. I paired it with a new dark eggplant hat from H&M and a J.Crew dress, and the most versatile shoes in my closet from ModCloth. This specific dark purple is my all-time favorite color, but is so hard to find, whenever I come across a piece of clothing of this hue, I immediately scoop it up. You will definitely be seeing this outfit again this fall!

Lucky FABB was a great experience, it was incredible listening to what Diane von Furstenberg and Rachel Roy in particular had to say, two independent women who managed to remain relatable despite their fame and notoriety.

30 comments:

the morose bee said...

i think this is one of my favorite outfits!

Little Tree Vintage said...

love your style lady!

wildchild said...

such a perfect fall outfit. love it :)

killing birds is not art said...

Very Joni Mitchell. And thats a HUGE compliment :)

Samantha said...

such a cute look, julie!
love how the ruffles peek out from under the blazer!

xo
sami

L said...

Amazing jacket and hat combination :)
L x

Rhiannon said...

love the hat and jacket!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

I really do adore this outfit! I saw pics of you from this day on other fashion blogs, and just fell in love with the combo. They should mass produce that blazer for sure!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

This is definitely one of my favorite outfits on you. Something about your face and hair just looks so right with 70s styles.

Bad Taste Toast said...

I LOVE the colours of the blazer! Beautiful look!

Amy said...

You thrifted that blazer? OMG, where? It is amazing!!

Elaine said...

Looooooove this outfit!! Probably one of my faves from you!! I saw a similar hat at JCPenney and I wanted to get it but it was too big for my head which is kind of funny because I have a pretty big head.

blue roses said...

adore the chunky heel!


dallianceswithsuitsandskirts

Y. said...

I'm absolutely in love with this blazer.

Style My Way said...

Love the hat! I just purchased on from Target and can't wait to wear it. More burgandy in tone...
http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

i LOVE your plaid coat, the muted colors are amazing.

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Frannie Pantz said...

L-O-V-E the dress and the addition of the hat and plaid jacket was a great move. You look lovely!

marice said...

you are FABULOUS!

Rae Veda said...

That blazer looks amazing! I love the Fall colors. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Hope said...

I absolutely love everything about this outfit!! I think it might be one of my favorites of yours. :) Glad to hear you had a great time at Lucky FABB.

-Hope
www.aflatteringtale.com

Tracy said...

I just found your blog and am already in love. Can't wait to read some more. Love, I say!

kelly ann said...

I want this entire outfit. It's perfect.

Lynzi M. said...

The knotted belt adds a great touch!

http://vintageclothingnyc.blogspot.com

Spinner's End said...

i am a total sucker for deep jewel tones and elbow patches, so i am seriously in love with this outfit. i've also been on the look out for a new hat this fall, and i'm thinking a big floppy one may be in order. thanks for the inspiration!
spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

Roopa said...

Your jacket is to die for .... beautiful

Laura said...

Wow I love that blazer! Great vintage find! xoxo

Hanna said...

You have the most amazing closet! If somebody would ask me to swap closets with a blogger, I guess I would choose yours!

chillairandperfume said...

Loving that jacket (esp. the plaid), and the colors look fab on you!

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Wedding Themes said...

You are looking fabulous in this outfit. You have WOW factor !!!

witch hare said...

Hi,
I hope it's ok that I follow you? I'm in love with that check blazer, it looks so soft and cosy! Beautiful hair, too x

http://witchhare.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!