Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011: Black, White, Blue

Shirt: American Apparel
Vintage Skirt: Thrifted ($3)
Shoes: Thrifted ($5)
Necklace: Brimfield ($1)
Bag: Borrowed from Punky
photos by Punky, thank you lady!
Punky and I had a little photo shoot in the hallway at the office yesterday afternoon, I love working with other bloggers, they don't look at you like you're a freak for wanting to take portraits in a stairwell! I wore this outfit briefly on Sunday evening, and decided to re-create it for work yesterday. It's hard to tell, but the bag matches my little black and white necklace beneath the collar of my shirt. I wish it stood out a little more, that's why I usually wear longer necklaces. Is it obvious that blue/navy and white is my favorite color combination? I feel like every outfit I've worn lately is the same recipe, but blue and white is so summer to me. It just always feels fresh. Do you have a favorite color combination? One that works every time?

16 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

sounds like you have a great job... and i love the bag!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Little Lo Hood said...

love that outfit and that bag is really awesome! I bet there is some kind of canvas bag DIY that could be made to look like that! love it! :) -Lo

Hannah said...

I love that bag! I'm always on the lookout for big tote bags with interesting, but versatile prints. I've got to agree with Little Lo Hood0 I think I might have to DIY myself something similar.

InesT said...

That bag is so cute :P

Follow me, if you still aren't ;)
http://ladyfashionoui.blogspot.com/
Have a fashionable day! <3
XOXO
IT *

Joanna said...

Love the bag. I saw a dress like that and I sooo wanted to get it!

Stop by my blog if you have a moment!

modamama.blogspot.com
And enter my Ruche giveaway too!

Santina said...

Heeeeeyyyyy...if I used colors for the titles of my posts, today's would also be "Black, White, Blue" - twinsies! :)

I love that bag!

Santina

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

You're new job sounds like a blast, how fun that you get to be around your 'people' (us crazy bloggers that is!).

XO
Lenore

Punky said...

aww! Welcomes! I love that that guy just watched us the whole time like we were crazy.
Bloggers are so misunderstood. ;)

Hope said...

You look great! I wore a little denim tie shirt yesterday. :)

-Hope
www.aflatteringtale.com

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Cute shoes :)

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Love the blouse and bag. So cute!

Kennedy said...

youre so cute and i love that bag!

Michal said...

Lately red + white have been my favorite combo, but I love this blue + white look too! That tied top gives this look the perfect silhouette & I adore your bag.

Lauren Hairston said...

Navy and white definitely mean summer. It's all those Breton t-shirts! Looks like your outfit is perfect for warm weather!

Jamie Rose said...

I love the color combo in this outfit too! It definitely is summery. Amazing little shoes too - such a great bargain!

Sara said...

love this look! i tend to end up in olive green, brown, and navy ALL the time.

http://saras-style-snapshot.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!