Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28, 2011: Navy, White, Gold

Blazer: Thrifted from the boys section ($5)
Shirt: Thrifted Ralph Lauren ($4)
Jean Shorts: Swapped jeans, cut
Belt: American Apparel
Loafers: Thrifted ($7)
Bag: Vintage Coach, Thrifted ($12)
Cat brooch: Vintage ($5)
Bracelet: Vintage ($5)
You know what's really great first thing in the morning? T.Rex radio on Pandora. This is making me really happy right now: T.Rex, Lou Reed, The Ramones, The Kinks, and The Zombies. That's a line up of almost all my favorite bands, and what I've heard in the past 20 minutes. I have this habit of sitting in silence when I'm working on the computer, usually I don't even notice it, but then I put on music and realize how nice it is to be surrounded by sound. Do you have any weird habits like that? I can seriously sit in silence for hours and not notice that I haven't said a thing.

Anyways, life observations aside. This is what I wore to last week's Earth Day clothing exchange. It wasn't intentional that almost everything is either thrifted or swapped, but a nice coincidence considering that it was Earth Day. This is one of my favorite outfits, it's easy to wear and feels pulled together but casual. I found this funny cat pin a couple of weeks ago at an antique store in Essex (The White Elephant- highly recommended), and the little feline reminded me of Zephyr in his jaunty-ness. I think it's pretty clear that I'm a sucker for anything gold with cats (i.e. the bracelet), I can't help it, I've always loved cats.

Yesterday turned out to be so beautiful! It got to be about 73 degrees, and all the pear trees along the streets flowered. When I left work last night it was still warm out, that's one of my favorite things: when you walk outside at night and it's warm. This post just turned into a list of my favorite things.