Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 28, 2011: Red, White, and Blue (but not in a patriotic way)





Top (dress) c/o ModCloth
Skirt c/o Pulp Vintage
Belt: Vintage ($3)
Shoes: vintage Manolo Blahnik (swapped)
Bracelet: gift
Necklace c/o Noble Town Vintage

It's actually a little cold today, and windy. When will the warm weather make it's appearance? I spent this morning switching over some of my winter stuff to spring clothing, even though it's still cold out, I don't see myself resorting to many wool sweaters in the coming weeks. Isn't it funny how our minds make the seasonal switch even before the weather does? I'm ready for warm days, how about you? One trend I'm totally behind this year- if you can't already tell- are midi and maxi skirts and dresses. I know I mentioned the same thing last week, I think I've surprised myself in how much I'm digging the change. Besides being a welcome difference from my usual minis, longer lengths are just easier. I live in a particularly windy city, come spring and summer, the streets turn into wind tunnels, channeling the ocean breeze into a skirt thwarting menace that garners plenty of appreciation from the town's male population.

Even though it's still a little too chilly for it, I just couldn't wait to style this skirt from Pulp Vintage. It's light and airy, and will be perfect for warmer days. For now I styled it with a lacy ModCloth dress and swapped out my usual high platforms for lower kitten heels. Come summer, I'll don a cropped top and espadrilles. What are you excited to wear this summer?


Chris and I had a hard time finding a good, non-windy spot today. Even longer skirts are no match for this wind: