Thursday, January 27, 2011

HAPPY! (happy)! BIRTHDAY! (birthday)!

Thanks right! it's my birthday! 27 years ago today, I was causing a lot of trouble.
Button-up: J.Crew outlet ($20)
Skirt: LOFT thrifted & altered ($6)
Belt: J.Crew outlet ($10 sale)
Necklace: J.Crew ($15 sale)
Tights: AA super opaque ($25)
Bracelet: Vintage (gift)
Shoes: GAP ($34)
Even though this outfit is from Tuesday, I decided to post it today because I think it's a happy outfit (even though I look a bit glum, it was cold), how can polka-dots not be happy? It's really different from what I've been wearing lately, but I enjoyed changing things up.

I found this skirt on a thrifting expedition over the weekend and I'm so pleased I bought it. I almost didn't, the original fit wasn't that flattering, it is supposed to sit lower on the hips and was too long for my taste. But, I saw potential, nothing a little thread and Stitch Witchery couldn't fix. After taking up the hem and bringing in the waistline to fit my natural waist, I love it! I immediately knew how I would wear it too, with a bright belt and relaxed chambray shirt. I wore this to work on Tuesday, I don't usually have- or make- time to photograph my work outfits, but I made time for this one.

I'm so excited for birthday fun today and tomorrow! Today I'm meeting my mom at the Friendly Toast (my favorite in Portsmouth, NH) and then going to bar trivia tonight (a weekly institution). Tomorrow I'm spending the day with Chris and having a Birthday dinner with friends, yay for birthdays! Like I said, I may not have celebrated much the past few years, but I'm determined to start now! Happy January 27th!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!