Monday, January 17, 2011

a couppla' lookers

Please excuse the corny title of this post, and the picture heavy nature of it. It's purely self-indulgent, I assure you. On Saturday, Chris and I found ourselves pining for the days where we lived in the woods, it was such a beautiful Winter day, but no woods to walk through for miles. Instead, we took a walk down to the park and took pictures. Second best, I wish we had gone sledding but there were literally hundreds of children all crowding the little sledding hill. I miss the north. I wanted to take a couple of photos with Chris because he's such a sharp dresser (that's kind of a pun, because his last name is Sharp), and he found this amazing jacket recently when we were at Bobby's. Almost all of what he's wearing is vintage, except for his jeans, gloves, and work boots. Men's style isn't appreciated enough especially around here, people always think I dress him, but the credit is all his. His style is his own. My style for the day was decidedly old country:
Coat: old H&M
Belt: J.Crew Outlet (gift)
Scarf: Thrifted ($5)
Hat: Chris' vintage ($5)
Sweater: Vintage thrifted ($3)
Skirt: Vintage thrifted ($7)
Owl talon necklace: Black Sparrow (gift)
Bracelet: thrifted ($2)
Earlier in the winter I mentioned that I was in need of a new winter coat, I've had this H&M number for four years and while it's held up, I don't really like it. I never ended up finding the right jacket, other than the cape and anorak I always wear (layer, layer, layer!), but for this outfit I needed something longer and closer to the hem of my skirt. I went with the old stand-by once again but found that if I belt it, the silhouette is at least improved. The rest of the outfit came together easily, and was built around my new shoes from ModCloth. At first I wasn't sure about the skinny heel with the big platform, but I love them. They're surprisingly comfortable and easy to walk in (although to get me to this snowy location, Chris had to piggy-back me in, it was quite a spectacle), and of course I love the 70's aspect of them!

After our photo session, we were both freezing, so we headed home for hot chocolate and some reading. The rest of the day was spent at the library, watching movies, and playing wii at a friends house. It has been so cold the past few days, it's only 18 degrees out now, it's hard not to stay indoors at all times!
I'm so excited for what this week has in store. I'm planning a big shop closet update for later this week and Thursday is the big Swap! Happy Monday!