Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let's take the road before us

Cape: AA
Sweater: Madewell (sale)
Button up: Vintage thrift ($3)
Necklace: H&M (old)
Belt: AA
Jeans: Madewell (sale)
Wedges: Matiko ($40 sale)
I'll start this off by saying I have so much shit to do (that's right, swearing), this week really hasn't been about fashion. It's been about baking, scourging thrift stores for last minute gifts (the best places to shop for the unexpected...and not spend a lot doing it), and drinking rum and egg nog. This is really one of my favorite times of year (the other is when the trees finally have leaves again), I love preparing for Christmas almost more then Christmas itself. This year we're considerably more broke than last year, so we've gotten creative with gifts. This afternoon I'll be baking, baking, baking and wrapping, wrapping, wrapping. I can't wait.

This is what I'm wearing today. Nothing special, but very comfortable for the tasks at hand. I've been living in these jeans all week, I know I already sung their praises with Monday's post but seriously, I love them. The first pair of jeans that I actually am able to feel comfortable in and not completely claustrophobic. This is also my favorite flannel, it's pretty much disintegrating, but it's the softest thing I've ever worn.

Ok, just popping in to say hello, I'm now off to bake cookies, pies, and candy. I'll check in tomorrow, but probably just with photos of my mom's puppy again. Because he's cute, and because I'll be too busy to be stylish!

23 comments:

cait, hazy like mornings. said...

i usually love all your outfits, but this is my favorite! the combination of that shirt with that jacket is so great. :)
<3 cait.

Sherry Jarwin said...

You look adorable and love the easy combo!

gdo-family.blogspot.com

Juliette said...

Good luck with all your Christmas preparations! At least you'll look amazing doing it, your outfit is gorgeous!

-Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

Anonymous said...

Love this pair of denim. Did you find they were running true to size? I would love to buy a pair online, but am afraid about what size to get.

Thanks,
Kara

Orchid Grey said...

Kara,

Buy one size down, they'll be super tight at first but with a few wears fit to your body perfectly!

Good luck!

Gwendolyn Little said...

yes yes julie good advice on the one size down! my madewell jeans are so soft and comfortable, i love them, but they do tend to stretch out.

elliellielliellie said...

Those jeans are beautiful! What cut are they?

Jess said...

Your shoes are snowy!! Aren't they suede? Gorgeous as always.

Michele said...

I agree, Christmas anticipation is the best. I'm curious about what you're baking!

Brittany said...

You are so stunning lately! Not to say that you haven't always been..but especially lately! You just have this glow. Maybe it's the engagement? Maybe it's the hair? Maybe it's the chic outfit? Whatever it is.. you look good!

Jess said...

Just curious...what is the style/name of the jeans you're wearing? They're just what I'm looking for!

Morgan and Lua said...

This is exactly the kind of thing I would wear. You looked pulled together, comfortable, and practically dressed for finishing up Christmas errands. I've felt like living in jeans (well always) but especially these past few weeks and it's been really hard to stay out of them.

Have an amazing holiday in Maine! I can't wait for all the snowy puppy pictures to come. Merry Christmas!!

jennie going west said...

i just can't get over how beautiful your hair is. i'm so envious, i'm trying to will mine to grow faster!

-j

Velvet Dawn said...

A favorite...you look beautiful...!! Merry Christmas...

Chaucee said...

I'm sorry the week has been kind of rough on you! I hope you'll have some time to relax once Christmas comes (tomorrow! woo!)

Looking great as always, I love the muted colors of this outfit!

curious constellation said...

This is such a gorgeous outfit, even if it's to just do things around the house in.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Love the checks with your cardigan. Great colours. And your cape looks amazing too. Merry Christmas.

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

What a fantastic mix of warm/cozy and classic chic. I found some great things at the thrift store this year too. Hope Santa is good to you this year!
XOXO

Gigi LaFleur said...

Gorgeously put together - Everything is so perfect for this cold weather.

http://popculturemyth.blogspot.com/

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! You look fantastic in this outfit- love your shoes.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

LOVE your cape!

Poverty is great creative inspiration, is it not? That said, I'm very creative right now. Ha!

SWF_Terra said...

Super duper late to this party but I adore the bangs. Also, your length is my goal. This ensemble is so clutch. I love every stitch.

alexandra said...

your hair is really beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!