Friday, July 30, 2010

Seeing Spots

Thank you all so much for the kind words regarding our engagement, I truly have the most amazing readers! Chris and I are so excited, and I admit to already buying Martha Stewart Weddings to get some inspiration! I'll definitely be sharing photos of the ring too, as soon as I can take some good ones!
Crop Top: Persephone Vintage ($20? old)
Shorts: Spotted and Noted Shorts c/o ModCloth
Shoes: Thrifted ($5)
Bracelet: Baracus Bracelet c/o ModCloth
Necklace: c/o Noble Town Vintage
I'm definitely breaking out of my comfort zone with this outfit today, I do not usually bare my midriff. This is a repeat of what I wore on Wednesday, unfortunately I didn't count on spending the whole day in different hospitals around Massachusetts trying to get Chris help for his hand, so I didn't get any shots of it then. Next time I'm stuck in a hospital for six hours, I'll wear something a little more modest, I admit that I felt a little exposed. It was however, super comfortable! These shorts are amazing, I was expecting them to come up a little higher and I'm a little disappointed that i can't wear a belt with them, but how comfortable they are totally makes up for that fact! I've had this little crop top for over a year, yet still hadn't worn it until now. I love how the buttons play off the polka dotted shorts. This is what is think of for the perfect summer outfit.
This week has definitely not gone as planned, life has just been unbelievably crazy. Along with Chris breaking (more like shattering) his hand, and our happy news, on Thursday my brother and his girlfriend started their trek out to Colorado, where they'll be living while he goes to school...
I'm so unbelievably proud of him, for a kid who has lived in the same town all his life, I think he's pretty brave for packing up his car and moving across the country. As of 10 AM this morning, they had already made it to Ohio, so they'll be there pretty quick. Chris and I are already making our own road trip plans to go out and visit!
So, quite a week, yes? I'm pretty excited for the weekend, and hopefully being able to relax!

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

An Adorable Cliché said...

I get what you mean about wanting to wear a belt with those shorts but they look great anyway! congrats on the engagement, I can't wait to see the ring :D

xx

www.anadorablecliche.blogspot.com

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

OH MY GOD...congratulations!
He liked you...so he put a ring on it. Haha.

Those shorts are cute. Your hair looks as great as ever.

Taylor Elise said...

I have these shorts too! I'm happy to see your take on them. They go with everything almost yet I can never decide what to wear them with. Usually I end up with my cream lace strappy camisole or my favorite green tank top. I've gotten the most compliments on them, even at first people call them a skirt!

And congratulations!!!

www.dailyheirlooms.blogspot.com

dear kate said...

colorado is happy to welcome your brother and his lady! :) i hope they love it here!
great outfit! love the chain bracelets!
katie

Archives said...

you look awesome in these photos!!! you're totally rockin the midriff! and tastefully so, as well.

can't wait to see the ring :D

Sidewalk Chalk said...

Those shorts are so cute, and hooray for trying new things!

Congrats again to you both, and to your brother for the start of his new life! :)

Sarah Dee said...

That outfit is cute! I cant wait to see the pics of the ring, and I agree that is courageous. I go to a school 45 minutes away from home and I still get homesick! good for him!!

Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

Those shorts are so cute, you don't even need to wear a belt with them.

Congradulations on the engagement by the way, that must be very exciting for you.

Becca Jane said...

You might like oncewed.com for inspiration, I am single and thus not even remotely close to engagements or weddings and I still like to look at it just for the fun inspiring photos

Natalya's Closet said...

adorable outfit, and very summer chic! XOXO, Natalya

b.a. said...

you are absolutely gorgeous. engagement looks good on you!!! chris is one lucky man--though i'm sure he knows that. i adored the photobooth pics. one day you'll be showing your grandkids those pictures! we have a stack of letters from our long-distance years...it's neat to think about the offspring of offspring reading our love letters. anyway, congratulations. oh, and you & your brother have the same mouths! and he will love colorado. we lived there for a year and i LOOOONG for it. he may never come home. it just...invades you.

number the first said...

I missed the engagement post! You guys are so adorable. congratulations ♥
sounds like you've got a lot going on right now. Moving away is really scary but I know your brother will love it. we wish him lots of luck too ;)I hope to see road trip photos of you guys visiting.
also your outfit is super adorable. Not many girls can pull off that combo but it looks effortless on you.

Kaleidoscope Adventures said...

I think this outfit is so cute(and brave!). You did a midriff outfit right, and those shorts are so cute they don't even need a belt! Congratulations on your engagement as well!

Lexie, Little Boat said...

oh wow! i just caught up on your blog -- congratulations on the engagement. i doubt anyone will mind if you do wedding posts every now and then! i want a close-up up the ring!

congrats to your brother for heading west for college! i am finishing my last year at school 8.5 hours away from home, and it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life!

孫俊翔 said...

不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。.................................................

Cecilia said...

Very cute... Very 90's!

ceciliainlace.tumblr.com

Sally said...

What a gorgeous bracelet :) And congrats on getting engaged!!

Sally
http://ursaminor-sally.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Great shorts and nice outfit! But I can imagine you'd feel a little exposed in a hospital, hehe, ; )

http://rubyslipperjourneys.blogspot.com

nikol said...

Love the outfit but I really really like the car!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!