Monday, June 14, 2010

Over The Weekend Style File...

So this is what I wore over the weekend to Justin and Ashley's wedding...
Belt: vintage thrift (gift from Mom)
Shoes: Aldo ($40 old)
Bracelets: Vintage (old)
Cat: center piece from wedding
I don't know what it is about having something new to wear to an event (like a wedding), but it's one of my favorite things. I recently attended a wedding where I wore a dress I've had forever, so I was happy to have this dress from ModCloth on deck to take for a test drive and debut. Picking out something to wear to a wedding can be so stressful! I always worry that I'll be too dressed up or down, but this was perfect, I loved the dotted lines and the purple background is slightly tie-dye without being obnoxious. The ceremony was outdoors and pretty casual. I went with simple accessories so I wouldn't have to fuss with anything, and isn't that the beauty of dresses anyway? Just throwing them on and going? I know I've been wearing the heck out of this belt lately, but I just love it so much. The leather is buttery soft and super pliable, perfect for tying in a knot!
I didn't take a shoes shot because it was so wet this weekend, my sandals are trashed! I ended up having to change my shoes halfway through the day anyways.

Thank you to everyone who left me kind and thoughtful comments on the blog-birthday post, they truly meant so much to me!

29 comments:

Clare said...

Beautiful outfit, and that really might be the best dress ever! And it looks like you had an absolutely wonderful weekend. :)

Pawi Macarena said...

aww your dress is awesome and you look gorgeous!

Becca said...

I completely agree that one of the best part of any special event is buying a new dress and the anticipation of waiting to wear it! I love your dress here, the little print is lovely, and the lavender color works so well on you. Looks like the wedding was a lot of fun.

Nicole said...

That dress is so cute, you look lovely! :)

ShoesForDessert said...

Such an adorable dress! I love the dots and the slighty tie-dye effect. I'm always amazed by your hair but it looks FABULOUS in these photos.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I absolutely LOVE this dress! It's so pretty on you! xo

jemina said...

is that a cat i see on the dress? you look incredible, great outdoor wedding outfit, xoxo

upatreecupatea said...

love love that dress!
I've got to find a pattern for a silhouette like that!

Orchid Grey said...

haha it is a cat, Jemina! It's a puppet!

myedit said...

A belated congrats on your one year of blogging... I am looking forward to much more Orchid Grey, knotted belts and pretty dresses...

thinkoutloud1996 said...

I simply adore this outfit.

Melanie said...

So, so cute. I love your shoes!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

kelly ann said...

that dress is so beautiful! it's simple, but so flattering and sweet. i love it!

dear kate said...

that truly is the best dress ever! i love it and it looks fantastic on you!
katie

fashion fletcher said...

I like those bracelets and shoes! Your blog is so lovely please come visit!

http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/

Dylana Suarez said...

The dress is just gorgeous. Perfect from head to toe!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

Wow, this minimalistic wedding look is such a stark contrast to the wedding outfits (by both bride and guests) worn at a Pakistani wedding, i.e.!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

that dress is gorgeous and i love the combo of sweet dots with leather and hardware.
the wedding looked like so much fun--you take the most gorgeous pictures!

closet365 said...

I love this. What a perfect pretty dress and what an adorable wedding. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Fashion Cents said...

that cat thing is just too cute

Fifth Sparrow said...

The wedding looked so gorgeous and unique, and this is the perfect outfit for it! (I also LOVE the cat!)

Becky said...

this dress is so nice. floaty dresses are my new obsession.
love all your outfits! would appreciate a visit from you :)
http://www.somuchmorebesides.blogspot.com
xxx

Elaine said...

Love the cat on a stick! :)

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

notjustmedical said...

Happy belated blog birthday! That dress is very pretty.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Diana, Songs and Fairy Tales said...

I've never thought of wearing flats to a wedding..but after seeing this..they're pefect! And I also love the dress, really cute :)

Diana
http://thegirloverboard.tumblr.com

Lexie, Little Boat said...

that dress looks so soft and comfortable!

revital said...

you look amazing! the dress is so beautiful!

http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com

electricsbubbles said...

Amazing outfit *_* I love your dress

Kisses

Emily D. said...

Really gorgeous dress. I love the subtlety of the print and how you have it a little edge with the belt.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!