Monday, June 14, 2010

Over The Weekend Style File...

So this is what I wore over the weekend to Justin and Ashley's wedding...
Belt: vintage thrift (gift from Mom)
Shoes: Aldo ($40 old)
Bracelets: Vintage (old)
Cat: center piece from wedding
I don't know what it is about having something new to wear to an event (like a wedding), but it's one of my favorite things. I recently attended a wedding where I wore a dress I've had forever, so I was happy to have this dress from ModCloth on deck to take for a test drive and debut. Picking out something to wear to a wedding can be so stressful! I always worry that I'll be too dressed up or down, but this was perfect, I loved the dotted lines and the purple background is slightly tie-dye without being obnoxious. The ceremony was outdoors and pretty casual. I went with simple accessories so I wouldn't have to fuss with anything, and isn't that the beauty of dresses anyway? Just throwing them on and going? I know I've been wearing the heck out of this belt lately, but I just love it so much. The leather is buttery soft and super pliable, perfect for tying in a knot!
I didn't take a shoes shot because it was so wet this weekend, my sandals are trashed! I ended up having to change my shoes halfway through the day anyways.

Thank you to everyone who left me kind and thoughtful comments on the blog-birthday post, they truly meant so much to me!