Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh I wish...

I haven't done a "Coveting" post in a really long time. There is a reason for this (besides wanting new things)...

So, originally, I had an outfit post to share today. I got home, grabbed my camera and tripod, and went out and shot about 50 images (my usual number). However when I got back inside, changed out of my work clothes, and sat in front of the computer to review them, nothing. Not one single picture had properly transferred to my CF card. I'm mainly annoyed, but also a little worried that this means my camera is shitting the bed. I sure as hell hope not.

Eh, so instead of sharing the outfit I wore today, I'll share an outfit that I wish I could be wearing! Why is it that when I have zilch in my bank account, there's tons of stuff I absolutelymustown? Does this happen to anyone else?! I've been lusting after this striped dress since it was posted on ModCloth last week. It's perfection. See, I have a thing for stripes, especially striped dresses. I also have a thing for platform sandals. and for rad vintage-modern accessories. Damn. Where would I wear this? I think it would be perfect for a summer-time date of dinner and a walk along a board-walk somewhere and maybe some ice cream afterwards. Yeah, that's exactly what I want right now.

I'll definitely be saving my pennies for that dress. and those shoes. Le sigh.

Oh, and we have a winnah!

Comment #98 is the winner of the Fred Flare sunglasses giveaway, congrats Blythe!
Thank you to everyone who entered, and check back for more giveaways in the future!

24 comments:

Melanie said...

Whenever I have no money I find everything I could possibly ever want or need. When I have money to spend, NOTHING. Annoying. Cute dress, btw.
Melanie@UnravelledThreads

cristie said...

oh so cute! love it! i had been eyeing this dress on modcloth too! i especially love the back detail. hope sorry to hear about you camera that is no bueno! hope it gets up and running soon!

xo,
cb
www.thecitybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Laura, Owl Eyes said...

Oh no! I had the same thing happen to me the first time I took pictures for my Etsy shop - so irritating. I hope you get your camera issues ironed out!

That outfit is absolute perfection :)

M. said...

those sunglasses are perfection. love.

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Brianna said...

Having no money is the story of my life. Love the platforms

http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

Kaitlyn Elizabeth said...

Damnit, I am now coveting that bag, and it's sold out! Not fair!!!

Sorry about your pictures not working, I hope your camera is ok!

C said...

Great summer outfit. Hope you get it.

http://bigsizeonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I hope your camera is ok! That dress really is drool-worthy, but I'm trying not to buy much because I'll just have to move it.

The Daily Fashionista said...

Yes, that happens to me all the time. My bank account is always pretty much empty. Right now thrifting is a little too expensive right now! LOL.

Morgan and Lua said...

I will go with you on that date and I will be wearing the same shoes in brown. ha

Love the shoes, thanks for sharing them!
www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

Kathyrine said...

Oh stripes! I've been eyeing this pair of striped wedges from Roxy, but alas I have no job and no cash right now! :(
Hope your camera's okay!

Kate said...

I am so obsessed with this dress! It's also on Asos! I have been trying to justify it in my head but with shipping, etc, I just can't right now, so I totally hear your pain! SUCH a gorgeous dress!

Fabiola "Fab" said...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Kate @ Earth vs. The Wild Heart said...

Aaaaah, I really adore that dress - I've seen it on another website too. It'd look perfect with a straw hat. I really love that the stripes go opposite ways. I've got the same problem too - a thousand things I love, but no ££ to boot.

earth vs. the wild heart

Anna said...

Beautiful dress! I love the hat and the sunglasses!

/Anna
http://infashionwetrustblog.blogspot.com

Kelly @ blackdog finds said...

I can totally see you rockin' this outfit! And yes, I am with you on the must have everything I see but unable to obtain any of it. For some reason it always happens really bad during summer.

Diya said...

ahhh the same thing happened to my friend photographer who took pics for me at a fashion event we went to together... only 30ish pics out of 400+ transferred to her computer and I'm STILL waiting for those to come out! :(

In any case, this outfit is so perfect for those lazy picnic days..
-Diya
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Michelle Elaine said...

I hope your cam isn't f'd. Maybe consider bringing it in to get checked?

I spend hours on Mod Cloth wishing I had billions to blow on it all especially everything in the apartment department.

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Maria Confer said...

It's always when I have nothing to spend that I want to spend the most.

I do love my JC Splendid clogs but they are treacherous.

Ha, "shitting the bed!"

Lulu Letty

P.S. I had no idea you were following me for so long!! Still sad we never met up in MA!

briannelee said...

I decided I need to put myself on a serious spending freeze. I also can justify any purchase as a need instead of a want, but most of them are not necessary and I am sick of wasting my money!


That bag is pretty cute though ;)

Fashion By He said...

love your style, awesome blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Sunny & Star said...

I love that dress too. I really like stripes. The sunglasses you posted with this outfit are beautiful.

Lexie, Little Boat said...

that dress is so cute! ooo penny pinching is the worst!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Ahh, I justt ordered those JC sandals! Half off, I couldn't resist! Lovee the dress too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!