Thursday, April 15, 2010

Heart of Gold

What is it about the tattered, worn, work-shirt that makes it so perfect? I imagine this blue and rust plaid flannel to have been worn by some stylish, but woodsy woman living on the coast of Maine. Maybe it's because I found it at a Goodwill in Portland and it reminds me of my mother and gardening and being on the coast, it just reminds me of growing up I guess. I love clothes that have had a life, this shirt has a hole in elbow, bleach stains, and threadbare cuffs and collar, and it couldn't be any softer. Favorite thing I own right now. Forget about $200 dollar Steven Alan shirts, I'll take $2.00 Goodwill stalwart.
Cotton Biker-Jacket: Forever 21 ($20)
Scarf: Mom's old
Shirt: Vintage Saks from Goodwill in So. Portland, ME ($2)
Belt: J.Crew outlet ($15)
Skirt: Lark&Wolff ($20)
Shoes: Matiko ($40 or $60)
Tights: TjMaxx
Necklaces: H&M
This outfit was kind of my last homage to Fall and Winter, a fair well to cold weather I hope. Of course I stashed away all my sweaters only to have the temperature drop to the 30's (and have a friend tell me there is a chance of snow this weekend), isn't that always the case?!

I'm excited it's almost the weekend (despite the fact that I'll be working the whole way through). I haven't forgotten about the hair posts I've been promising and will definitely get to them, life has been crazy and amazing lately and I hope I can talk about it soon. Oh! Also, if you've sent me an email recently I PROMISE I haven't forgotten about you and I'm not being a diva, I'll be replying to all this Monday (a day off, thank goodness).

I hope everyone is doing well, and a BIG congratulations to Jen for passing her citizenship test AND finding out it's a girl all in one day! I'm so happy when people have good things happening in their lives!

Happy Thursday!

PS- Heart of Gold is my favorite Neil Young song