Tuesday, March 9, 2010

good things come to those who wait (or: they will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine)

Is my vague Wayne's World reference doing anything for you? No? Ok...
Tee: old Forever 21 (5.00?)
Cardigan: H&M (16.00)
Jeans: old H&M (24.00?)
Necklaces: H&M x2 & Dolly&Boy
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (60.00 sale...yep, that's right)
Let us now refer to this post, where I professed my undying love for the Jeffrey Campbell Whip heel. It's beautiful. Now, let us all admit that today's outfit is about one thing, and one thing only: WHAT IS ON MY FEET. These beautiful, rockabilly inspired, brian-setzer-orchestra-on-crack beauties, now belong to me! And how much did I pay? Sixty freaking dollars! Ha! I will admit however, that I spent about $20 extra dollars at Target on padded re-enforcement to make wearing them bearable.
It's safe to say I am incredibly pleased.
All snarky-ness aside, this year I told myself I would invest in a few pairs of beautiful shoes. Still, after making the resolution, I find it difficult to drop more than 50-60 bucks on a pair, I believe that the majority of the time you can find what you want for much cheaper if you just practice patience. so I was so excited to discover these on sale in Boston on Saturday. Now I just have to hunt down the Alexa's and I'll be a happy girl (Yes, I know, in my dreams!)!

On another note, I realized today that I actually am able to have my lunch breaks back. It's finally light out enough after work to take my outfit photos, no more rushing to eat and photograph at lunchtime! I'm so excited for daylight savings time this weekend, Spring is just around the corner!