Monday, February 15, 2010

Over the Weekend Part 1: where do I even begin?

What a great weekend! So good in fact, that it will take not one but two posts to cover it! On Friday, I (legally) played hooky from work and drove to western
Massachussetts to meet up with Jen, we then caught a train that brought us right into Grand Central in NYC (I love trains). We rushed to our hotel to get ready
for the Girls Night Out party sponsored by Dove and hosted by Jessica. We arrived just a little fashionably late (because of our train), and
the party was in full swing. It was amazing being able to meet the other bloggers there, I love all of these girl's blogs, and many of them were
inspiration for me to start my own. It's so funny meeting bloggers in person, it's almost as if the getting-to-know-you stage is ver with because you read their
posts everyday! We started our night at the Dove Parlor, where we sipped drinks and ate mini sandwiches...
Erin, Me, Rebecca, and Jen
Jen, Me, Tieka, and Elizabeth
Tieka, Elizabeth, Jessica, Melissa, and Kim
Me and Tieka
Jessica, Erin, and Rebecca
A very rare picture of my back tattoos...and the back of my head
...The second half of the evening was spend touring New York City in a WHITE-STRETCH-SUV-LIMO-WITH-WHITE-VELVET-INTERIOR. Yeah, I know...Rad. Our driver was extremely patient and brought us all over, we stopped in Times Square - to take outfit shots of course- and then to Rockafeller Center to take more pictures. The whole night was loud, raucous, and exactly what I needed to end this winter funk.
Left to Right: Andrea, Elizabeth, Erin, Tieka, Jen, Melissa, Kim, Jessica, Rebecca, and me
And of course, my ($13 dollar) outfit:
Dress: Vintage Victoria's Secret (Mom's)
Belt: Vintage (1.00)
Tights: TjMaxx (4.99)
Shoes: Target (6.99)
A big thank you to Jessica for being such a gracious host, Dove for providing the food, drinks and limo service, and Andrea for taking so many pictures!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and Valentines day!
xoxo

38 comments:

Sara Lynn said...

looks like you guys had a blast!

princesspolitico said...

what fantastic photos! each outfit perfectly describes each individual style... i especially love how gorgeous your hair is! your dress was a stunner :)

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

The Jazzy Belle said...

Beautiful hair and SMILE!! Don't ever let that fade.. It lights up your photos. looks like you girls are having a blast :) Love the dress you're wearing too!

caffeinerd said...

LOVE the gold dress! Looks like an amazing weekend.

urbanrhetoric said...

awesome! i hope you had a fantastic time in nyc...

~pemora

Girl from the North Country said...

holy cute! what a fantastic dress! you guys are so adorable!

notjustmedical said...

Looks like so much fun, I'm so jealous! Love the dress by the way

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Little Ocean Annie said...

Love it! I mostly like that all the cameras in each shot! Such dedicated bloggers!
It looks like you had so much fun, looking forward to seeing more pictures of you lovely ladies.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I had so much fun and it was amazing to meet you!!! :)

mom & son said...

Awww....beautiful ladies!
You're glowing in that dress!
i love it!

Marisa said...

your weekend looks amazing! love your dress.

marisa

www.lerainyday.blogspot.com

End of my bed threads said...

Saaa-WEET! Hooray for spunky women! You all look amazing, and to travel from everywhere to meet- Too Much FUN! You guys Go for It and that is awesome. I am inspired by your blogs to do the same!

End of my bed threads said...

By the way- I'm jealous of the snow pile on that Limo

Sidewalk Chalk said...

Love your dress -- you look amazing in it!

So glad you got to do this -- I love reading all of your blogs!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Laura Gerencser said...

Looks like a fabulous night!!

Kallie said...

so much style in one place! it looks like so much fun :)

WILDasaMINK said...

You ladies were dressed to the NINES!!! I love your mom's dress and all your hair...I need some more hair on my head (ok weird, but true). I was really stoked to meet you on Saturday, hope you had fun in NYC!!!

Sweet Sara said...

You look absolutely stunning, Julie! :) I read that all the girls thought you had the best hair of the night - and these pictures justify that!! Lovely dress, amazing smile - you all look like long-lost friends!!

Thank you for sharing the evening with all of us ! Woo-hoo Delightful Dozen!! ;)

Jessica said...

I saw photos of you on the other girl's blogs and immediately thought "I LOVE HER DRESS!" So gorgeous and it looks absolutely amazing on you. It looks like it was tailor-made to fit you and the color is gorgeous on you!

Natalya's Closet said...

you look amazing, and wow $13 for your outfit, you rock!! looks like such a fun night! xoxo

Jen said...

these pictures are gorgeous and you look so stunning in your outfit (i love how little you spent on it!) :) and how crazy gorgeous is your hair??? it's so voluminous!
i love seeing all of you girls together and seeing all of your different styles come together. can't wait to see part two!

ann said...

You guys look all so super cute, and your dress is fantastic! How vintage is it?

closet365 said...

So fun to see these. I'm not gonna lie, everyone looks fabulous, but your dress is my absolute favorite out of the bunch. Stunning.

And I'm glad you had fun!

Dominika said...

wow, i wish i could 'hang' out with all of you ^^. how did u get to know all those fashion bloggers?

lovely dress! and great photos as well! <3

piglet said...

This looks so fun!
And a $13 outfit, you are my hero!

chaoskontrolowany said...

Awesome post! Love the pics<3

xoxo M.

Molly said...

so many familiar blogger faces! looks like so much fun....you guys rock.

love the outfit too....and I gotta love a girl who goes for the bargains....Target and TJs are the best.

thedirtyknitter said...

i wore that exact dress to my junior prom in 1991!

Olive Jane said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had SO much fun! And that dress is amazing!

Vee said...

wow, you have so much hair! beautiful indeed. :)

Ernie said...

Aw, that looks so wicked fun. You ladies look like such a force to be reckoned with!

And your hair and dress and way you styled it!! All equally perfect :]

Megan said...

looks like so much fun! Your outfit was awesome.

carolyn said...

this looks like so much fun!!!! I hope you had a good time, and I love all of your outfits...I just found your blog through the clothes horse :) I love your valentines day pic too!!

if i haver said...

Looks like such a fun night! That's an AMAZING limo. I love your dress!

BreakingItUp said...

Your dress is gorgeous, love it.

Jamie said...

looked like a blast - and i love your tattoos.

http://workyourcloset.blogspot.com

♫♥Oana Roxana♥♫ said...

Your tattoos are great.They're actually very beautiful.I want so much something similar on my back(maybe on my neck).Not sure yet...

Danielle said...

Blogger meet ups are so much fun to read about. Everyone who shows up is so fashionably dressed.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!