Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Style File (plus a how-to)

I need to get better at documenting my weekends.
Dress: Thrifted (2.99)
Lace Vest: Mom's vintage (gift)
Grey Cardigan: H&M (16.90)
White Cardigan: Chris' Vintage (2.99)
Shoes: Tag Sale (2.00)
Tights: TjMaxx (4.99)
Necklaces: H&M, J.Crew, Dolly and Boy
Because I'm constantly dressed up for work during the week, I choose to spend my weekends very slouchy and comfy. This weekend was no exception. I bought this child's dress awhile ago at Salvation Army and love the grunge feel of it, this time I chose to alter the hemline by pinning it up in a couple of places. I like how the lace pattern on the dress compliments the lace of my little vest. My mom gave me this amazing vintage lace top as a christmas gift this year, it used to be hers! I really can't wait to pair it with cut offs this summer. The cardigan is Chris' and he wasn't too happy I stole it, he says my bony shoulders make marks in his sweaters, I say he's crazy and doesn't know what he's talking about!
I don't have a lot to share about what I did, but we did go see Youth in Revolt, which I loved!
And couple of you have asked me how I tie my scarves so I made a little video to show you!

San I say the words "pretty easy" any more? jeez...