Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekend Style...

What I wore to the Boston Fashion Blogger Mixer:
Shirt: J.Crew (15.00)
Belt: Vintage (3.00 est.)
Skirt: re-worked vintage (4.00)
Tights: TjMaxx (4.99)
Shoes: Target (6.99 sale)
Necklace: J.Crew (14.99)
Ring: Forever 21 (4.99)
Bracelet: gift
Photo Credit: Kev (thank you!)
Pattern mixing Jedi. That's what I felt like at the Blogger Mixer on Saturday. Last week you may have read my post about my hesitance towards mixing patterns, well a lot has changed! Thanks to all of your encouraging words of pattern mixing wisdom, I took the plunge! I was freaking out all week about what I was going to wear to this event, Jen received about a million stressed out emails from me second guessing everything I was going to wear. Finally I landed on this. One thing I did know is that I really didn't want to buy anything new, I had recently re-worked a bunch of old skirts so I figured this wool one would keep me warm on what turned out to be a freezing day! I paired it with one of my favorite shirts and the leopard belt (leopard is really a neutral isn't it?). You'll see later in the week that I've seriously re-discovered my love for leopard print! I love how the stripes and leopard play off one another and keep things interesting. Overall I was really pleased with this outfit, and my choice in shoes payed off when I had to run like the wind to catch my train! I think this is one of my all-time favorite ensembles!

A big "thank you" to Jen's husband Kev for taking these amazing pictures!
P.S.- I know I seem to be slacking on commenting back for everyone, the internet in my apartment is down so I've been a little slow. Don't worry, I'll get there! Also, thank you for all of your wonderful questions, I'm putting together a huge post for (hopefully) Friday!

36 comments:

futurelint said...

You're already a pattern mixing master! I LOVE the pale pink with the stripes and leopard, such a genius combination! And what a cute owl ring!

briannelee said...

I love this outfit! Its an unexpected mix, but it totally works :)

thriftythreads said...

LOVE the stripes with the leopard! Such an unorthodox mix of colors and patterns and totally works. Good call on keeping the look grounded with dark tights.
-Shannon

Andrea said...

nice mix indeed, and elephants make the best jewels!

briannelee said...

PS. I am having a giveaway on my blog if you would like to enter

JO said...

This outfit is great! The stripes and leopard work together well--I do regard most animal prints as neutrals, so I like to mix them in with other prints. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the jewelry--elephant necklace, owl ring, and that pretty bracelet!

Johanna

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

the skirt is rad, and your pattern mixing is daring already--i can't say how much i love the mix of stripes and leopard print. unexpectedly glam with the boating stripes.

Maria Confer said...

Gorgeous. I love the mix of colors and prints.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Sidewalk Chalk said...

I'm loving your combination of patterns, and I especially love the striped top. Yay for figuring out how to branch out with a new look! - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Dominika said...

pretty outfit! ^^

H said...

so pretty!
:)

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

You look awesome! I'm so jealous of your Boston Bloggers Mixer!!! :P

Girl from the North Country said...

that pink reworked skirt is too cute!

gigiofca said...

You look fantastic. The skirt is beautiful.

Carol said...

Perfect outfit!!
I love your jewlery!
xoxo

Kyla said...

Stripes and leopard print is my favorite pattern mixes! I also love the pink with it!

Rebecca said...

That's a really pretty outfit. The delicate shade of the skirt looks great with the bold belt and top. Gives me ideas for outfits :) The elephant pendant is adorable!

Capricioustraveler said...

Love this outfit!

Kristin said...

there is something so serene and nautical about blue striped tops. fabulous :)

chic said...

And you said you couldn't pattern mix! This looks fantastic, I love the entire look! The stripes and leopard really do work well together and I can't wait to see what else you do with leopard print this week.

And I love the little gold jewelry touches.

S.

Linda said...

Looking pretty fly for a white...um...girl?
I love the side bun..love love love. Sigh, I remember having long hair..

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love the pink with the leopard! You look amazing, and I'll be excited to read your big post later in the week!

fashionableacademics.blogspot.com

Joe_Siharath said...

http://www.chictopia.com/

Marta Castellanos said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfitt!I love the skirt and I love the belt...and I love the way you combined the animal print with the strippes. Love it all!
xoxo

www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness... pink with leopard with black and white stripes?! Pure brilliance, my friend!

Wear Necessities said...

Love your outfit, so chic!! Looks like a great event!! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

piglet said...

This is pattern mixing perfection!
Oh and your elephant necklace is so sweet.

Amy said...

Oh your pictures came out so great! I loved this outfit you were wearing so much!!

It was so great to meet you and I hope we get to meet up again soon too.

Hope you have a great week!

xoxo
Amy

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

aww yeah, we'll chat next time. Yours was one of my favorite outfits...and I loved your hair :)

Ash said...

I lvoe this today... pink and a miz of patterns! Wonderous as always!

Ash
goldleafashley.blogspot.com

superniko. said...

great blog! i am following you
wow love the accessories,
especially the owl ring and elephant necklaces
i mean the elephant necklace kills me :):)

xoxox
NIKO

Sabrina said...

I love the mix of colors and pattern combo here. Excellent job!!

cupcake♥trash said...

absolutely adore this look. super cute.

http://cupcaketrash.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I love your pattern mixing skills here! :D The belt is so cute too. Loveee it!

Clockwatcher said...

i never thought of leopard as a neutral on this post--how genius! definitely pulls the whole outfit together.

myedit said...

Stripes, leopard print, baby pink and tights! A match made in print mixing heaven!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!