Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Daily Style/Thrift Extravaganza!

Dress: American Apparel (43.00)
Tights: TjMaxx (5.99)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters (19.99)
Belt: Thrift (2.00)
Necklaces: H&M and J.Crew
Sorry for not posting yesterday, the past two days have been so hectic! I was running around all day yesterday working but I did manage a stop at the American Apparel outlet (...yes, they do exist) where I picked up this cute shirt-dress. I've been eyeing this style for some time now and couldn't pass it up- I love how simple it is and it will be an easy all season piece. After spending all of last week in Fishkill, I'm now in Albany until Friday. Today has been an exciting day, this evening I met up with Jen from JenLovesKev for some shopping and dinner! Jen is amazingly sweet and friendly, and it was so neat to actually be able to meet her in person, especially since she's been crazy busy with her big move! I'm sorry for the low quality images below, but I wanted to show what I got! Our first stop was Plato's Closet and then we went on to Goodwill. After all was said and done I snagged five skirts, a dress, two belts, a quilted purse, and a mixing bowl for under $60!

20 comments:

Lizzy said...

Love that dress (actually both of them)! I'm planning on going to Plato's Closet this weekend, cant wait to find some treasures!

Lesley said...

those shoes are super cute!

bisou-joue said...

love your outfit ! it is simple but it works well on you !

Dominika said...

pretty outfit! love it <3! ^^

Linda said...

Wow good finds! It was only a matter of time that you two met up.

Clare said...

Ooh, I love that little purple bag, and your outfit is great!

Death Disco said...

good skirt colors! I want to see the mixing bowl

Jennifer said...

yay!! I had such a great time last night! You sure made out a lot better then me last night. I am still dreaming of that coat!

You looked adorable last night in your shirt dress. I think I need to find one of these american apparel outlets!
-jen

briannelee said...

Wow, great finds! I love your outfit as well!

emilyanne said...

I'm jealous of your thrifted loot. It's so gratifying when you come away from a thrifstore with a huge bag o' stuff.

Fashion Therapist said...

Great dress and I love the stuff you snagged. I really really like that yellow skirt on the right!

Kayla said...

What great finds! Plato's Closet is always hit or miss for me. It can be a little too teen for me sometimes, but your patience obviously paid off! Oh, and Welcome to Albany!

haute.teapot said...

such a cute outfit! I have a shirt dress similar to yours and it's pretty short but pairing tights with it is a perfect solution!

stylefyles said...

wow great scores, and the price is definitely right. I am counting down the days until I land on the east coast over Thanksgiving, so I can do some real thrifting. I just haven't found things to be the same out here in LA.

Violet said...

i like the dress shirt look you look great

i like your blog

XX
Vi from Cali

Lexie said...

i like tha blue skirt in the corner! very pretty!

d said...

I love that AA dress. I unfortunately paid full price for it, but have worn it SO many times!

Ash said...

I love the dress... I love your hair... Ah! Girl, I am in love with your blog! All the floral patterns remind me of the skirt I wore today. You can see it on my blog... I had my first real, live outfit post today! Yay!

www.goldleafashley.blogspot.com

Yuka said...

loving all the colors. your blue dress is so cute too

Robin said...

This look is so, so cute. I'm looking up that dress as we speak.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!