Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Inspired By...Rain

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sweatshirt: J.Crew (24.00)
Button-Up: Gap via Thrift (3.99)
Jeans: BDG (gift)
OTK Socks: Target (6.99)
Wellies: Hunter via Ebay (60.00)
Rain sure has a way of putting a damper on things (get it? Damper? har har). Waking up this morning was made nearly impossible by torrential downpours and 40 * weather- late fall has arrived ladies and gentlemen- soon it will be snow! I decided that todays outfit is not inspired by art, but by rain. When it's raining outside, all I want to do is sleep, but work needed to be done today so the next best thing is wearing comfy clothes. This sweatshirt kept me toasty warm and layered over a white oxford, looked professional enough for work. That last picture is of me talking to one of my landlords, every time he catches me taking pictures, we end up in a lengthy discussion about something or other and then I take pictures of him. It's always a strange interaction. And always awkward. Also, I'm sorry about that car in the shot, the only way I can take photos outside when it's raining is to set up the tripod inside our building's foyer and shoot looking out the door- and this is the view!

20 comments:

Clare said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE the picture with your landlord! Does he know that you're taking pictures? Also, I freaking ADORE your umbrella. Adorable.

Orchid Grey said...

thanks! he doesn't know that I'm taking the pictures, sometimes I'll have him pose- but this was covert. My umbrella is just from Target!

Leproust Vintage said...

What a perfect rainy day outfit! I am the exact same way on rainy days....all I want to do is sleep!

Kyla said...

These are great pictures and I love the rainy day get-up. Looks pretty cozy to me!

Angela said...

cute umbrella! haha i love candid with the landlord.

jane st. clair said...

i love this outfit. perfect for a rainy day!

Vintage Dress said...

oh hello! it's you again! i was looking at the flickr group and saw your pic there but didn't realize it was you until i clicked the link to your blog. :)

love,
www.vintagedress.etsy.com

The Sideshow Scrapbook said...

Love the wellingtons!!!! And the umbrellla is soo sweet.....very cool outfit :)

Laura xxx
www.sidestreetstyle.com

Kim said...

It's raining here today too and I wish I looked HALF as awesome as you do! But I am going to Target at lunch, so I'll be looking for that umbrella.

Indiana Adams said...

You own my dream wellies! You once said you did, but this may be the first time I've seen them on here. Excellent find! :0)

Fell 4 Fashion said...

LOVE that umbrella and your cozy rainy day look. So funny about your landlord!

Linda said...

You look to be mid-argument actually...lol.
Your umbrella is cute, and your hair...perfect as always.

grace said...

i want that umbrella!

myedit said...

Funny last picture...
The umbrella is way too cute. I need to splurge on one because I'm always too cheap and then when I really need one, all I have is this ginormous one that says 'Hummer' on it. yup...

Orchid Grey said...

@ Linda: we do look like we're arguing! actually he was telling me about cleaning out his basement!

@MyEdit: I've found that it's well worth investing in quality rain gear!

Hopeless Chest said...

I love to wear grey. This outfit looks so comfortable but I think it's still casually cute.

Kansas Couture said...

Perfect rainy day look! Love the cozy sweatshirt and adorable rainboots and umbrella.

Delightfully Tacky said...

That umbrella is so cute!

Mara said...

you look so cute! I totally want a clear umbrella!

Kaydee said...

Ah, i love love love this outfit! I have been dying to order that umbrella and some rain boots!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!