Monday, October 12, 2009

Daily Style: Inspired By

The first of an ongoing series...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress: Forever 21 (7.99)
Belt: Thrift (1.00)
Tights: Vera Wang for Kohls (7.99)
Shoes: Clarks Wallabees (gift)
Beaded Pouch Necklace: Sempre Mas in Portland, ME (3.00)
Glasses: UO (4.99)
Bag: Cole Haan via Thrift (2.00)
A couple of posts ago fellow blogger UnBelOiseau commented with the idea that I do a post featuring the artwork in my apartment, what a great idea! But, rather than just writing about the art that I have (some owned, some on loan) I thought I would combine my duel love of art and fashion by creating outfits inspired by the art on my walls! Since this is the first in the series, I figured I would start with some artwork created by me:
Photobucket
This photo was taken with my Diana camera this past summer on one of my many trips to Maine. Even though it was taken in July, the colors within remind me of October and also remind me of my outdoorsy Mother. In my outfit, I combined similar colors: blue, brown, red, orange- and a lot of natural fabrics like cotton and leather/suede. This is something I could imagine my mother wearing when she was my age, and I tend to find myself emulating this kind of style every fall. I think it has something to do with the weather that makes me want to start listening to more Joni Mitchell and Buffy Sainte-Marie, go on a late fall hike, and seek out the smell of woodsmoke. Today was a perfect day for it too, very cool with yellow and orange leaves blowing everywhere!