Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daily Style...

The woman at the coffee shop this morning told me she
loved my "Sculptural Hair Do's", frankly I think she was a little scared of my bun...
Blazer: Thrifted from the boy's section (2.99)
T-Shirt: UO sale (4.99)
Necklace: H&M (9.90)
Jeans: H&M (39.90)
Shoes: UO last year
I love the blazer trend this year, but I'm not about to drop any serious dough on something that I can easily find at the Salvation Army (I feel the same way about florals, rompers, and "high waisted" Levi's cut off's). This blazer cost 2.99 and had never been worn- it still had the tags! It's a boys Van Heusen with gold buttons (love gold) and power shoulders. I was a little unsure of the strong shoulder at first, but now I love it! Especially with sculptural hair and lots of gold!

15 comments:

E said...

I need to mix of my hairstyle some, but I never do. I love your white tee. I need a drapey on like that.

Jenna and Maura said...

Love that blazer! And the shoes...

Orchid Grey said...

you can't really tell, but the shoes are completely destroyed from last winter! oh well...

Clare said...

Those shoes are stunningly awesome. And your mega-high sculptural hairstyle looks mad fab on you. And is that a little remote I see in your hand?...:)

lily said...

Hello, just dropping by to say hi =)

Orchid Grey said...

Claire, good eye! it is a remote, they're cheap and make life so easy! also good for long exposures!

Lily, thanks for stopping by!

Victoria said...

Glad I came across you blog Julie! This is Tori from Montserrat back in the day. I find it funny that we shared the same hairstyle today.

:D

LACY said...

that blazer is a great buy and those shoes are so amazing. great outfit and awesome blog :)

lacysmess.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

Ah, the top knot bun! I will admit it, I have an addiction to top knot buns. Such an easy way to get your hair out of the way and still look like you gave a damn. :) It looks great on you and that lady was just jealous! Also, loving this look! I'm pretty sure we have the same blazer, but UO ripped me off and made me pay $50 for it. Damn them!

Jowy said...

THE BLAZER..THE BUN..GRLL U GOT STYLE!

ONE LOVE,
JOWY

WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Orchid Grey said...

@ Tori: Ahh, how are you?! nice to hear we're on the same wavelength!
@ Krystal: UO is sneaky like that
@ Jowy: thank you!

Orchid Grey said...

@ Lacy: thank you

Lilli said...

I'm loving the blazer look.

meena meena said...

i like wearing my hair like that too sometimes.

Lilli said...

P.S. I tagged this look on my blog. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!