Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Daily Style...

Umbrella: Target (16.99)
Shirt: H&M (5.90)
Skirt: reconstructed thrift (3.00)
Tights: Target (5.00)
Shoes: TJMaxx 
Specs: UO
This skirt is one of my most successful reconstructs. When I bought it, it was a long skirt with the pattern on the bottom and the waist fit perfectly. I cut out the middle and moved the waistband down, and now it's perfect! I love the Native-American inspired pattern, and the pink color gives it some pop! Skirts are one of the hardest things for me to find in stores, they have to have the right rise or else they look funny on me. I find it's a lot easier to thrift them and either hem them or bring down the band. In other news, this weather really doesn't make me want to go to work!
Cheers!

6 comments:

Clare said...

Neat skirt! And I'm intrigued by the see-and-be-seen umbrella.

Orchid Grey said...

thank you! this umbrella is fantastic, it's a bubble so you can lower it over yourself and keep at least the top half of your body dry! they still have them at target, I highly recommend!

Shammara said...

Hi! Your photos are very nicely shot, and outfits are very creatively put together!

I wanted to reach out to you and tell you that Forever 21 has launched a page on Facebook and is featuring photos of people wearing Forever 21 items, and starting today we're reaching out to a few fashion bloggers to feature their photos: http://www.facebook.com/Forever21?v=app_32759713463

If you're interested in more detail, you can contact me at Shammara@varlabs.com

Thanks!

Jennifer said...

You look great!!! Good job on that skirt!!!!
-jenloveskev

Orchid Grey said...

thank you!

secondskins said...

i absolutely adore your skirt, good job with it! :)
- jen

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!