Wednesday, June 10, 2009

10 things i love...


The weather has been especially gloomy lately, cold and wet, it feels like October! Not like June at all. So, to make myself feel better I made a list of 10 things that I love. You would be surprised at how much better you feel after you do this. I've started keeping a notebook with me at all times for this purpose. So, without further ado...

10 Things I love:

1. Sleeping in on rainy mornings.
2. When Zeb wants his belly rubbed.
(he rolls over & meows)
3. New art books.
4. A post-lunch cupcake and tea at my desk.
5. Waking up for work on-time and having the perfect morning.
6. Finding unexpected money in pants pockets and saving it for something special.
7. When Zephyr sits with me during a movie.
8. Pie. Of any kind.
9. Answering the phone and having A on the other end.
10. Puppies.

--------------------------------

Sunday, however was beautiful! I went to Portland, ME with C to visit friends and check out Old Port Fest. I met my Mom and Brother up there, and we had a nice time walking around checking out what all the venders had to offer. I wish I had more images of the day, I'll have to take some pictures of my findings and post later on. I added a couple of images of the DeCordova Museum's opening of "The Old, Weird America". I attended the closed reception with Bea and it turned into a really fun night! They had reinactors firing muskets and the artwork was fantastic. I hadn't visited the DeCordova in years so it was nice to be in the area again too, Lincoln is such a beautiful town:
Looking over the DeCordova Sculpture park:
Bea and some nice sun (remember what the sun looks like?):
The museum:
Muskets!:
(In Portland)
I'm completely obsessed with wrinkly puppies,
this guy was staying cool in the shade:
My mother told me I'm a "Maine Gem" ha!:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooh I love the DeCordova Museum. I havent been there in so long! sniff sniff. I use to love when we "had" to go in college for whatever reason I would get so excited. I def. need to get back there soon!
Hope you enjoyed yourself!!!

Thanks for you comment on jenloveskev! I hope you will continue to read!

-jen
www.jenloveskev.com

Orchid Grey said...

If you get a chance, I highly recommend "The Old, Weird America" show that's up now. It's really interesting and covers a whole range of artists and ideas. They also have a bunch more sculpture installations that have gone up recently.

Thank you so much for your comment and for checking out my blog!

valerielovesyou said...

This inspired me to do the same thing! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!