Wednesday, June 10, 2009

10 things i love...


The weather has been especially gloomy lately, cold and wet, it feels like October! Not like June at all. So, to make myself feel better I made a list of 10 things that I love. You would be surprised at how much better you feel after you do this. I've started keeping a notebook with me at all times for this purpose. So, without further ado...

10 Things I love:

1. Sleeping in on rainy mornings.
2. When Zeb wants his belly rubbed.
(he rolls over & meows)
3. New art books.
4. A post-lunch cupcake and tea at my desk.
5. Waking up for work on-time and having the perfect morning.
6. Finding unexpected money in pants pockets and saving it for something special.
7. When Zephyr sits with me during a movie.
8. Pie. Of any kind.
9. Answering the phone and having A on the other end.
10. Puppies.

--------------------------------

Sunday, however was beautiful! I went to Portland, ME with C to visit friends and check out Old Port Fest. I met my Mom and Brother up there, and we had a nice time walking around checking out what all the venders had to offer. I wish I had more images of the day, I'll have to take some pictures of my findings and post later on. I added a couple of images of the DeCordova Museum's opening of "The Old, Weird America". I attended the closed reception with Bea and it turned into a really fun night! They had reinactors firing muskets and the artwork was fantastic. I hadn't visited the DeCordova in years so it was nice to be in the area again too, Lincoln is such a beautiful town:
Looking over the DeCordova Sculpture park:
Bea and some nice sun (remember what the sun looks like?):
The museum:
Muskets!:
(In Portland)
I'm completely obsessed with wrinkly puppies,
this guy was staying cool in the shade:
My mother told me I'm a "Maine Gem" ha!: