Friday, August 18, 2017

Here & There 8.18

 photo Orchid Grey - Julie OBoyle - August 18 2017_zpsah9arm4g.jpg
You guys, how is it already the 18th of August?! This month is flying by, and frankly I'm a little freaked out by it (in fact, Chris and I totally forgot our anniversary is this weekend - oof). Where did this summer go? Thinking back, this feels at once ages ago and just yesterday. Now, as September approaches, life feels serious again (why is this? Is this weird residual scholastic calendar stuff?). Chris and I have been having lots of talks about where we hope to end up, for the first time in a long time, we have options not necessarily dictated by jobs. The world suddenly feels at once like our oyster and completely overwhelming. Do we leave the city? Do we stay? Do we look? Do we leap? Do we just continue to talk ourselves in circles? It's an exciting time, but also completely terrifying and stressful. I find myself waking up with my head spinning at the possibilities, it's not a good way to start the day. So this weekend we're planning to get out and go hiking, because hiking (and kayaking, and yoga, and everything else that involves movement) cures everything. We're not sure where we're headed just yet, but hoping to find something outside of the city with swimming close by - any recommendations? We like a challenge. On Sunday I'm hoping to get the basement cleared out and squeeze in a trip to the farmers' market (I'd love some of these market bags to take with me). Anyway - I hope you're taking care of yourself this weekend after last weekend's insanity in the news, it's important to take time for yourself between rallies and having tough conversations with family, you know? Here are a few of my faves from this week:

Heads up: From now through December 31st save 15% off your first full-price purchase off the ShopBop app with the code 'app15'. I'm feeling super inspired for fall on my list is a cute cross body bag, a pretty peasant blouse, some cute classic sneakers, and pretty earrings - details here

Cute band tees for summer and beyond (dreaming of busting out my leather jacket again)

Are you watching the eclipse on Monday? Here's how to make a pinhole eclipse viewer to watch it! I remember making these in 5th grade to watch a solar eclipse!

This vintage kilim purse is just so perfect for fall

An awesome list compiled by Kaelah of actionable steps to combat racism

Asos is having a huge sale up to 70% off! I have my eye on these cute ankle boots, this cozy dress (love this dress for late summer weddings), and this chic as heck bag

I'm working on a huge Poshmark update! Stay tuned to the space and my Instastories for updates

Why being near water really does make us happier (noted.)

Save an extra 30% off sale items from J.Crew! Loving these statement earrings

Saving the art and home of Mary Nohl

Etsy faves: These cute beach/basket bags, these pretty agate coasters (would make a great wedding gift), these super fun earrings, these cute nesting clouds, these cool eclipse earrings