Thursday, December 22, 2016

Here & There 12.22 & Last Minute Gift Ideas

 photo IMG_7970_zpspqx24bin.jpg
Well... it's officially my Friday and the holidays are nearly here. How do they sneak up so quickly every damn year? I went home to Maine this past weekend, completely miscalculating how much time I'd have left to prep when I arrived back in Philly... regardless, it was a much needed break from city life to rest and recharge and spend time with my parents. With the pressure of Christmas off, it turned out to be a great trip. When I returned on Monday, Chris and I went to see 'A Drag Queen Christmas', which was the perfect way to kick off a week filled with final preparations, movie watching, and a considerable amount of work. Now I have a long weekend stretched ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to our low-key Christmas. We accomplished the impossible yesterday and actually sent out (most of) our cards and gifts on time (I love how our postcards from Minted turned out - don't underestimate the power of a decent Instagram pic!). And I only have a few more things to pick up for Chris - along with this being our first Christmas spent with just one another, it's also the first Christmas that we've really given each other gifts. So as much as I get stressed out -- every year -- I'm really excited for the weekend. I'm sharing my links a little early this week, along with some great last minute gift ideas. Read on.... and Happy holidays!

This vintage poncho would be so cozy for a winter night out

Best last minute gift idea: Etsy gift cards!

A few of my favorite Etsy finds of late: The pins in this shop! These insanely gorgeous vintage rugs. Janet and her needle felting (talk about talent). This adorable cat cave.

Loving these minimalist leather bags for the new year (love these too - those stars!)

2016 wasn't all bad (next door grandpa! my heart...) And here's another round up if you're not already crying

These little frames would make a nice housewarming gifts

The color of this scarf is evvvvvvvrything (+ an extra 30% off select sale styles!)

Pittsburgh is awesome and made this great app for assisting the homeless in accessing services

Inspiring books I'd like to read: This book about inspiring women, this one about difficult conversations, this one about perseverance, and this one...obviously

Why we need the winter solstice

Finally bought myself a proper winter coat and I'm in loooove

What an amazing story

This productivity planner would be a great way to start the year (this calendar too)

Love these low-key dresses for new years (these too)

These printable gift tags are so cute

There's a whole lot of shade in this article about paint colors

Save 30% off sale styles from ModCloth - obsessed with this faux fur coat!

A history of feminist punk in 33 songs - SO GOOD

These handmade smudge sticks would make gorgeous stocking stuffers