Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Style Wishlist + Weekend Links

 photo fall_zpszvtxiixs.jpg
All together now: Can you believe it's already September? Wild. This year, and this summer, has absolutely flown by, possibly faster than any other year. After spending this past week up north, where the temperature is a solid twenty degrees cooler and requires a jacket at night, I'm officially ready for it. Returning to 95 degree heat in Philly was just too much for me and I'm dreaming of cool mornings on my stoop with some coffee and a sweatshirt. Sounds nice, right?

On that note, my fall closet has been occupying my thoughts lately, I've mentioned before that I've been working to pare down my closet over the past year, after moving to Philly I realized just how much excess stuff I had and it was time to be more intentional with what I allowed in my life. Between barely purchasing anything last fall and my recent (and ongoing) closet clean out, I feel ready to carefully add a few choice items back in.

While my summer style tends to lean more towards breezy '70s bohemian, I've noticed that my fall choices over the past few years lean more towards late-'60s/early-'70s mod, with a little '90s thrown in. I like those clean lines and simple silhouettes, which make dressing for cooler weather easier. Layers are fun, sure, but when given the choice, I'd rather just throw on a dress, my leather jacket, and some booties and go.

Pictured Above: Urban Outfitters Dress, Banana Bones Lapel Pin, J.Crew Turtleneck, Current Elliot Jeans, Free People Teddy Coat, Madewell Houndstooth Jacket, Loeffler Randall Chelsea Boots, ASOS Dress, Club Monaco Boots, Free People Hat, Baggu Backpack, Vans Sneakers

A few more links you might like...

Have you checked out Looklist yet? Serious style inspiration...

Jess always finds the most amazing pieces - love this!

This girl is seriously inspiring

Some serious sale action over on ModCloth - love these

The most adorable Insta account

Such a cute throw pillow

Save an extra 30% off sale items at Nasty Gal!  Love this dress and this backpack

This is amazing

Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

love all the boots

http://hashtagliz.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!