Friday, May 2, 2014

Currently...

 photo b5924f7ccd8911e39d3e0002c9c60274_8_zps5f8fa982.jpg
Listening: To the conversations of older men. I'm currently sitting in my favorite coffee shop on the North Shore of Boston and I couldn't be happier. There always seems to be a group of men here in the mornings, taking up a corner, discussing interesting things. I'm eavesdropping. I can't tell if they've just met, or are longtime friends.

Considering: Stopping by my college to drop a note in an old photography professor's mailbox.

Making: Use of my morning to answer emails (finally) and send thanks to recent collaborators, because I've been pretty bad about that lately.

Eating: All the snacks. We're on the road, so yesterday consisted of foods that tasted great but caused my stomach to feel terrible. I'll never learn my lesson.

Drinking: A soy latte. It's very large.

 photo 918166_645186325530420_1418834104_n_zps624f1011.jpg

Reading: Gone Girl. I finally went to the library and paid off my $5 fine. Now I have all the books.

Wanting: Someone to give me all the answers.

Looking: At how much my old town has changed. The last time I was here, everything seemed to be flourishing, this time, while there's a lot of new, some old stand-bys have shuttered. It's sad.

Wasting: A perfectly good avocado. I left it in the car last night, and I fear it can't be saved.

Enjoying: The company of people I love.

Waiting: For Chris to wake the f! up. It's only 9:00 a.m. though and we have the day off.

Planning: To make a stop at Savers in Portsmouth, NH. Chris doesn't know about this yet.

Loving: The smell of the ocean, the feeling of fog.

 photo 10296807_719234914781158_939013211_n_zps53a50223.jpg

Hoping: I get to go to Portland on Sunday. I want to see boats.

Smelling: THEOCEANHOLYSHITTHEOCEAN!

Touching: Other people's cats.

Wearing: An oversize football jersey-style tee, jeans that only make me feel confident 50% of the time, "white" (dirty) chuck taylors, a motorcycle jacket. Yesterday's clothes.

Thinking: That I have to get my shit together. I've been stressed lately and haven't been treating myself with as much care as I should.

Feeling: Nostalgic.

Knowing: That we have the best cat.

 photo 10249379_478426658954227_914056392_n_zpsbdc7ff2a.jpg
I mean, really.

9 comments:

Ingrid Orens said...

Me :
Looking at great photos
Feeling jealous about that cat - really looks like the best cat :-)
Reading a blog I always enjoy reading
Thinking you could make guacamole from that avocado
Wishing you a fantastic weekend, hopefully in Portland !

Kathleen Weaver said...

That last picture though. Perfection.
http://bravefelicity.blogspot.com/

blue roses said...

avocados can be so fickle; hard and cruel, then soft and a waste.

this post was lovely; jealous of your eavesdropping. such a delight to remove the ear buds, and listen to the world around us!

Katrina said...

Aw, you're in my stomping grounds! I'm in a deep depression about the theater. Enjoy your trip home!

xx, Katrina

Nicole said...

Glad to hear you are back here in Mass. Have a lovely time!

The Littlest Smitten said...

So jealous you can smell the ocean! I was lucky enough to do that on Easter in MA but not long enough! Gone Girl I read a while ago and really enjoyed. They are making a movie which comes out in October that I can't wait to see. Your cat clearly is so special. I love the picturs you post of him. Hope you get to do all you want this weekend and have a good trip!

Jordyn said...

I loved reading this
Jordyn
Pretty Lovely

Wholesale gold chains said...

This is a in achievement nice blog adjustment and the adjustment is advancing me to alpha Blogging like you afterwards visiting and ceremony you post.
Gold & silver chain by the inch

Syed Kazim Ali said...

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!