Monday, December 9, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_December112013-2_zps2bebbe3d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December112013-3_zps2fde5f61.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December112013-1_zpsfc4757a9.jpg
A big man with a little tree on a very cold Thanksgiving

Reading >> Old Readymade and Domino magazines. In hopes of finding some 2014 inspiration. Slowly making my way through an old copy of The Witches of Eastwick.
Watching >> National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A few too many times. Craving more old movies.
Making >> Lots of treats for work. Fun because it's baking, work because it's work, though. Also, lots of ornaments. Which is just fun.
Feeling >> Exhausted and like it's time for a vacation. I've been moving at a mile-a-minute pace lately, and am finding it difficult to slow down.
Searching >> For the perfect Christmas gifts.
Wanting >> To slow the pace and enjoy this season.
Anticipating >> New England, family, Christmas shopping in Portland with my mom. No internet. Catching up with friends.
Loving >> Snow on the ground. Ridiculously cold temperatures. A very snuggly cat.
Thinking >> About how I'll be thirty soon. And what that means, and what I want. And of course, how I'll celebrate.
Craving >> More weekends. More snow. More sleep. More time for inspiration. More time to make. More time in general.
Working on >> Finishing our office. Mustering the energy to have a 'Shop my Closet' sale. Downsizing. Forever downsizing.
Baking >> Gingerbread cookies for work, lots of paleo muffins for the week's breakfasts, roasting lots of root vegetables.
Struggling >> With striking the right balance between work and life. I don't like to use the term 'balance' in this regard, but there's no better word for it right now. My life has felt out of whack lately and I have the bags beneath my eyes to prove it.
Wearing >> Lots of plaids and wool, layers, pullover sweaters. Hats. It's pretty darn cold (or at least it was this weekend)
Catching up >> On outfit posts. I discovered a set of photos that were taken in late-October that I never edited. So expect a bit of time travel later this week.


iris said...

I've been slowly making my way through The Witches of Eastwick for about three years now. I'm not sure the pace is ever gonna pick up...

Orchid Grey said...

Iris -- oh man, glad I'm not the only one that thinks this book is slow as molasses.

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

time w/out internet for the holidays sounds wonderful, as does of course going back home. I always have to remind myself portland main not oregon. if there's a plus w/ all your busyness, it sounds great that you have the energy to do all that. This time of year just makes me so tired all the time. Hope you can catch some extra sleep this week!
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

Helena i Dora said...

In my country everybody get the tree 2 days before Christmas, or close to that, I want all the decorations now not only in town, but in my room. :(
❇♥ Blog written by two friends: ♥❇

Tania Franco said...

Love the pictures, make me get in the Christmas spirit!


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!