Monday, September 9, 2013

San Francisco in Pictures

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-9_zpsa3d41dd3.jpg
  photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-2_zpsa0129a08.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-13_zps084f9eb5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-4_zpse2590715.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-5_zps734bc89d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-6_zps533070a5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-7_zps8e23f4c2.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-10_zpsa403b519.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-8_zps43cdc8eb.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-11_zps1394d0a3.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-3_zpsc93aac20.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-15_zps5bbc5054.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-12_zps573f6451.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_August102013-14_zps304b2102.jpg

I headed out to the SF office for a few days in early August -- directly after Texas -- to work with my team at my job, and it was wonderful. The last time I stepped foot in California, I was approximately six years old- most likely younger- so I was looking forward to an entirely new experience, free from past impressions. While I spent most of the week schlepping to and from the office (and by schlepping, I mean delighting in the novelty of walking to work), I was able to get out and about a little during the week, and had a whole Saturday to explore the city before I flew back to Pittsburgh. While San Francisco's impression took a few days post-travel to sink in, I have to say I think I really loved it. I most definitely loved the ocean and the incredibly lovely pastel houses, and I most definitely loved the food, which I unapologetically stuffed my face with for the entire trip (that Tartine croissant was approximately the size of my head).


jessthetics said...

I'd love to go to San Francisco, I'm so jealous! Your pictures are gorgeous, especially the city scape :) xx

Tania Franco said...

I spent almost half my childhood here and wish of visiting my family there soon. Thanks for posting pics of your trip. I can't wait to go back, it's where my heart is.


Valentina Duracinsky said...

I LOVE San Francisco! I can't wait to go back.

These pictures are great by the way!! totally love the little things.

Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

Melissa said...

I was there for the first time in June and fell in love! I love seeing your pics.. mine are on my blog if you want to take a peek!

Kaili at impeccablykaili said...

I haven't been there since I was like three. I hope to go back someday. It's absolutely stunning.

Mardle Made said...

I love San Fransico, isn't it beautiful!

And isn't walking to work the most amazing thing?

Glad you got to enjoy a free day there. San Fran was the last stop on our 3 week honeymoon in California.....I think I put on astone in 3 weeks!

Love piccies.

Em xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!