Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Life Lately

 photo OrchidGrey_Insta1_zps3d859752.jpg
A tiny, lonely island // Moving shoes
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta2_zps73dd0d05.jpg
Tired, rained upon, and grumpy: UHaul day // Well deserved porch beers
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta4_zps8dd996d6.jpg
Members of Anti-Flag and White Wives playing Dookie: front to back
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta3_zpsc5c55c70.jpg
Ice cream babes // What happens when it's hot
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta5_zpseb871627.jpg
Please don't leave me behind // No really, please don't leave me behind
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta7_zps79ae407b.jpg
Night karate
 photo OrchidGrey_Insta6_zps76e6face.jpg
New apartment picnic // A sunny evening for a show

Are you all ready for me to stop talking about moving? I'm ready. And I'm happy to say: we did it! We moved! And while Chris and I are possibly the sorest, most bruised up, and stiff we've ever been in our lives (we feel like zombies, every night crashing into the bed with a movie and the laptop), we're absolutely in love with our new apartment and new location. It feels amazing to actually be able to walk to dinner, friend's houses, the grocery store, seemingly everywhere again. We're definitely still in the process of getting unpacked and settled, a process I expect to take a little while, but man, what a good feeling. 

Zephyr on the other hand is not so enthusiastic and I feel a little guilty about that. Where as Chris and I have had three months to mentally prepare for our move, Zeph was unceremoniously tricked into getting into his carrier (thank you, laser pointer), and carted off to a new place to live with absolutely no notice and no time to say adieu to his favorite spots and bird-friends (I imagine he's become close with the local wildlife). For the past few days he's been busy hiding beneath the couch, walking really low to the ground, and following us everywhere. And meowing at the top of his lungs. 

Anyway, this is what we've been up to for the past couple of weeks, how have you been?

11 comments:

Alix Rose said...

Congrats on the move. I've renewed my lease the last 2 times mostly because I couldn't bear the whole moving process, so props. Also, a laser pointer - good idea.
That ice cream photo is awesome - so vibrant in coloring.

Valentina Duracinsky said...

yay ! congrats on moving :)

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog

Heather P. said...

Glad to hear you guys got moved in okay! That look on your face in the moving van is priceless - I'm pretty sure I look like that every time we move somewhere new. :-)

We're jumping through a million hoops to get a new apartment right now, so though I'm a few steps behind you on the moving journey...I'm looking forward to a change in scenery soon!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I might be moving from the Providence area up to Boston soon! x

Melissa
http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

nicole s. said...

i recently moved from living alone in an efficiency apartment to a two bedroom with my boyfriend. my cat has been *bonkers* since we moved. she's never had so many rooms to walk in! she still hasn't figured out the hardwood floors (lots of loony toons style running in place), but she seems to like all the new places to sit.

can't wait to see photos from inside the new place!

xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the move! It's so nice when you're able to walk places instead of getting in a car! Enjoy unpacking! I hope you show pictures when you're settled!

Alaina said...

Moving is THE WORST! I'm happy you're finally done. We bought our house almost four years ago and thankfully, like you, we had a few weeks to move stuff over -- still sucks though! What neighborhood did you guys move from? I love your new hood.

Mackenzie said...

I love following you on instagram, especially hearing about your cat!! I hope he recovers soon, I feel for him :(

Mackenzie
www.heybirdfriend.com

Rebecca said...

great photos! your kitty is so sweet :)
Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I read your blog weekly and could relate oh-so-much to your move with cat. My partner and I got our first place together and my cat did the low-to-ground thing for a couple days and acted off for about a week and then calmed down. I like to remember that our new home is a better fit for all three of us and he can now sense our calmness and happiness with the place getting put together. I wish you and your cat & partner a healthy and happy transition. Thank you for your time spent blogging.
Julia (from Philadelphia)

Orchid Grey said...

Anon, thank you for the kind words, and for reading! Zeph has been doing better, even though the place is still a mess, I think he knows that this place is good. I hope your kitty is settling in, and congrats on moving in with your sweetheart! xo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!