Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lookbook: Camilla

 photo camilla_frockwriter_3_zps465d5d5b.jpg
 photo CAMILLA_SS1314_FROCKWRITER_3_zpsc686950d.jpg
 photo camilla_frockwriter_4b_zps096bbe1d.jpg
 photo camilla_frockwriter_2_zpsd5cc1212.jpg
All images ©Camilla via 


Anonymous said...

We can do better than cultural appropriation for fashion inspiration. This isn't meant to shame, just to encourage you and others to think about how people of colour would feel about their long-held traditions being emptied of meaning and context and used to sell magazines.

Orchid Grey said...

Anon- first, thank you for your comment, thoughtful critique is always welcome here, and thank you for not tearing me to shreds- I'm human, I make mistakes. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone when I posted these images. In regards to the Camilla lookbook, I guess I just didn't see it, I appreciated the use of color and layers to create a look that's- arguably- unwearable, but beautiful nonetheless. BUT, I see what you mean -with the feathers and headdresses-, and in the future will make more of an effort to be sensitive to this sort of thing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and for reading.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!