Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pattern & Layer

 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-4_zps7fece923.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-1_zps59cc4494.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-2_zps61f1c6c5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-3_zps7761dcb5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-7_zps74d1f469.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-5_zps577add9a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April102013-6_zps5b891e5b.jpg

What I wore:
Jacket: Forever 21 ($20-ish, 2010)
Lace top: Urban Outfitters ($5 sale)
Jeans: Urban Outfitters ($9 sale)
Boots c/o Wanted (2012)
Bag: Thrifted ($1)
Necklaces: Flea market & swap
Bracelets: Thrifted ($2-$7)

Where I wore it: Out for hotdogs on a Saturday night

Pardon my french, but holy shit guys, I finally figured out why my photos were looking like absolute crap! Apparently all you have to do these days to figure something out is Google it- who knew? Turns out, it's not my camera, it was Photobucket. Boom. I'm really excited about this- not so excited about going back in and reuploading a few months of posts, but whatever- I'm just happy it's not the more expensive piece of technology that was causing the problem. Oh man, I'm so happy right now!

Anyway, I wore this layered-up look this past Saturday for a hotdog date with my dear husband. This jacket has been getting a lot of use lately, it's perfect for layering over dresses and as an alternative to a cardigan. Oh, and as you can see my hair is still long, I didn't cut it as yesterday's post lead some to believe. I'm just tricky and left it in the faux-bob I created for my latest work project. Also, today is our (Chris and I) nine year dating anniversary, so...hooray for love! Happy Wednesday!


Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

glad you figured out your photo situation! you look stunning in these photos. that bag is amazing! $1?! Seriously.
happy anniversary!

Kelly said...

A. This outfit is the coolest! I love EVERY single aspect of it.
B. It's nice when a problem has a simple, non-expensive solution. That's the BEST feeling.
C. Um, at risk of innuendo, I *really* would like to go on a hotdog date with my husband.

Lauren Engineered said...

Those jeans look KILLER on you!

Megan Colwell said...

I agree with Lauren. Those jeans really pull that entire outfit together.I need to find me some bellbottoms stat!

The Nautical Owl
Enter this Lovely Giveaway!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Nice!! Glad you figured it out!!
Those jeans are stellar!
-Adrienne. xo

jackie said...

LOVE the outfit. Happy anniversary, you lovebirds :)

laura-ChambrayandCurls said...

I swear, you are turning into my style idol more and more with each post Julie. Gorgeous
Yup, same thing happened for me with photobucket. Emailed them a complaint! Flickr it is...

Melissa said...

Love this look, you gorgeous girl you. Happy anniversary to you and C (Drew and I call our dating anniversary our "smoochiversary" now that we're married - how's that for corny? ;). Missing you in Boston! xx M

Jennifer said...

I love UO's sale section. I always end up getting my jeans there. $9 for those jeans is a freaking steal!

xo Jennifer

Kitsune-kun said...

yay for your camera:) those jeans look really amazing on you!

Bekuh Browning said...

You look amazing! So 1970s bohemian and relaxed. I love the way you style things.

Girl and Closet said...

The photos look fantastic. Happy to hear you were able to figure it out before having to buy a new camera!! And you, look AWESOME! I love the 70's vibe of this outfit and those jeans are just super yummy. Want them! As always, your style is incredibly inspiring! Hope your week is fab. Smooches to you & Chris, yay, nine years! V

ellie said...

Love this so much! You are totally rocking this look (and yes, those jeans)! Congratulations to you & Chris. I guess a hot dog date means the Whole 30 is definitely over!

Alicia Jay said...

I love this lace top; the pattern reminds me of bubbles! Those dark wash jeans are also super flattering and dress up the look. Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

skye said...

So delightfully '70s! I especially love the bag with the bangles.

barefootandvintage said...

9 years?! wow. congrats! love love love this look. i pinned it for inspiration. ;)

Christina Marie said...

You look great! I love your pants!


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!