Monday, February 18, 2013

Life Lately: According to Instagram

 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-2_zpsb8a96340.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-1_zps5ecb983a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-3_zps965a7e64.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-5_zps80051594.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-6_zpsfa52f93a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February182013-4_zps3de1fbce.jpg
Top to bottom, left to right:
I've been living in sneakers on the weekends // A much needed work-from-home day
Lots of dates with the king of beards // Bowling. I'm awful at big-ball and miss NE style candle-pin
A visit to Akron, OH- thanks to Mandi for all the amazing recommendations! // Bull in a china shop
Pinball wizards // Another view in Akron
Cuddling while I work // an intriguing record #sideboob
Computer, cat, coffee // Zephyr at rest

We've been busy, busy, busy lately- as usual. On Thursday we took a trip to Akron, I'd never been to Ohio and it was a nice excuse to get out of Pittsburgh for the day. Poor Zephyr hasn't had his usual pal to play with lately (Zebediah), and I think he's been lonely and a bit bored. On Sunday we remedied this with a day- seemingly- devoted to snuggling with him (although we did get out of the house for a little while to do other things). This weekend was really about prepping for the Whole 30, we cleaned out the cupboards, the fridge, and the freezer, tossing most of what we had. It was tough only because throwing out perfectly edible- but open- food goes against my waste nothing mentality. We boxed up things we wanted to keep, and bagged up the stuff to donate (canned stuff, unopened pasta, etc.). We then did a huge grocery trip to stock up. I'm excited to share more of our Whole 30 with you, but probably won't mention it much until we're finished, when I'll write a recap post. Did you have a nice weekend?


Megan Colwell said...

Your life looks so lovely. I really love your boy's beard!

Mallory said...

Yay for Akron! I totally took the same picture of the Ted Nugent game at The Bomb Shelter! And Square Records on Highland Square is one of my favorite record shops!

If you're ever in the area again and want a SLIGHTLY different destination, I teach high school in a town called Sugarcreek, which has deep Swiss heritage. My students just renovated the World's Largest Cuckoo Clock and there's a bunch of other goofy stuff like that.

Happy travels!

Orchid Grey said...

Mallory, that sounds awesome! The next time I'm in OH I'll definitely check it out!

They like me better blonde. said...

You were Akron! I live right up the street from highland square!

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

i'm glad you had fun in akron! i'm going to have to check the bomb shelter out soon.

Heather P. said...

Best of luck with the Whole 30! I have seen a few bloggers doing it, and I'm curious to see how everyone likes it before I give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

A Paleo diet...that's kind of sad :-/. I wish you best of luck for the 30 days, and then hope that you will return to a healthy balanced diet. carbs are not the enemy... I hope you will read the China study.

happinessiscreating said...

Wish I had your coffee right now!
It almost looks too pretty to drink.

Orchid Grey said...

Anon, why is our choice to do the Whole 30 sad? I'm certainly not "dieting" or looking to lose any weight for that matter (I love my strong, healthy body), and I agree, carbs aren't the enemy, but over consumption of carbs and sugar isn't healthy either. My husband and I are looking to break some bad habits (poor dietary choices, sugar cravings, too many glasses of wine- to name a few), and while I appreciate your well-wishes, I am a little confused by the mixed message you're sending by telling me my choice is "sad".

On another note, thanks for the recommendation of the China Study, I'll definitely be checking it out.

Samantha Davis said...

I love the kitty pics. I can relate to the last one, my cat is always snuggling up to me when I need to move my arms around at my laptop ;p

Laura said...

I look forward to hearing how the Whole 30 goes for you! I've been having more sugar than usual lately and it's been making me feel absolutely gross. I just can't handle sweet stuff like I used to. Whole and fresh is definitely the way to go :)

The Littlest Smitten said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm looking forward to hearing about your Whole 30 experience. Had a good weekend. Had some nice down time with the mister Friday night. Went to see my friend's Rough Francis play and celebrate their album release. Attended a story night similar to The Moth on Sunday night felt inspired. A good busy weekend.

kimberrleigh said...

That record is hilarious :) And I'm interested to read your Whole 30 post!

carelessly graceful

weheartbeautyblog said...

I adore all the cat photos! What a cutie :)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

xox Lara

Jessica Crossfield said...

I think that maybe that anonymous commenter said "sad" due to the fact that that particular diet eliminates a couple of the most healthful types of food; grains and legumes. However, I am only speculating :) I think it is important take breaks from our typical food intake and be more conscious of what we are eating, so I completely understand why you are doing what you are doing. I think it just hard for some people to support types of lifestyles (like paleo) that speak against eating quinoa and chickpeas. :) Great job though for making the fight to be healthier.

Miss Mary said...

I saw the pic of the Highland and did a double take.. we go down to Mr Zubs for dinner fairly often! Hope you enjoyed your trip. Love the little kitties too!

Amanda said...

My husband and I are getting ready to start the Whole30 program, once we finish up with all the traveling we have been doing. Cannot wait to hear more about your guys experience!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!