Monday, December 31, 2012

See Ya 2012!

Photobucket
Photobucket

If 2011 was a year all about major life changes- marriage, moving, careers- 2012 was all about settling into those changes and this new life. Looking back at my blog posts over the past twelve months or so, I can see myself settling in to our new city, our new schedules, and our new life. This year was not easy and I think I made that point quite clear; I started off this year on an emotionally low note, but I feel as if I can confidently say I'm coming out of 2012 a little older (literally, yes, also figuratively) and a little stronger than where I started. And you know what? I'm glad it wasn't easy, if it had been I'm not sure I would have as clear a vision for what I want for my future. I could recap all that happened in these past twelve months, but I'd much rather enjoy looking at some of my favorite images taken throughout the year. I'm ready to put the past behind me and work on making 2013 the best year yet.

Thank you for taking the time to read, comment, support, and advise over this past year. I don't think I will ever truly be able to express my gratitude for everyone who reads Orchid Grey, but please just know how much you're appreciated. If you're out on the town tonight, please be careful and have a wonderful last day of 2012! xoxo -Julie

Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Becca said...

I don't normally post on the blogs I read but I've been following your blog for a few years now and I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed it. I've gone through similar life changes in the last few years, marriage, moving out of New England, and reading your blog has been a touch stone for me. Thank you for your honesty, humor and unique point of view and have a very Happy New Year.

Orchid Grey said...

Thank you so much for reading Becca, I truly appreciate your kind words and hope that your own life changes have gone smoothly. Best wishes for a happy new year!

Mima said...

Thanks for adding bright moments to my week every week through your blog's sincerity (writing), creativity (fashion) & beauty (photography). Much appreciated, truly.

Mima said...

Oh & happy New Year!

Lily EBVS said...

I've been a fan for years and have recently found myself re-reading all of Orchid Grey to find some 70s-infused inspiration. I've fallen in love with your style all over again! Plus, it takes guts to speak with honesty and heart even in dark times -- you do so eloquently and with a realness that is refreshing to read day after day. Thanks, and happy new year!

Melissa said...

Wishing you the best in 2013!

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great year!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

nicola lynde said...

I feel the same way. 2012 was a year of getting over one hurdle at a time. Step by step, day by day. A lot of the realities of a new home and new place and what that actually means, for me too. I'm not entirely sad to see 2012 behind me and am looking forward to making 2013 a more balanced year. All the best in the new year!

Messy Morals said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and I am so happy for you that you're feeling well. I have been through similar life changes (I've studied in another country for a year) and I must way that 2012 was an amazing year. Thank you for the beautiful posts and I wish you all the best in 2013 - I am sure we can all read about it :). Happy 2013!

Robyn said...

What a great year for Orchid Grey. Looking forward to all of the great posts to come in 2013. Happy New Year!

www.amodestlife.com

The Littlest Smitten said...

Happy New Year Julie! I really enjoy your blog and look forward to reading it in 2013! Cheers to a new year!

Dus Katrina said...

glad to hear you've ended the year of settling into the changes and come out stronger, which is sometimes the most important in life. and i agree it's better to look forward but I did really enjoy your little photo collage to look back at some fun moments all together!
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!