Friday, December 21, 2012

Currently...

Photobucket
1. Playing Exquisite Corpse at the bar //  2. Zephyr's favorite thing is to pass out on me
3. A cozy cat corner while I work // 4. Lipstick is my new favorite thing, also this jacket
Watching:
Did you catch the Gossip Girl finale? I loved it! I now want to rewatch all the seasons. Also: Nashville! I love how over the top it is, and the music, and Connie Britton, who is such a babe. I've been listening to the soundtrack while I work and am especially drawn to the slower, more classic songs. They remind me a lot of the collaboration between Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris from a few years back, All the Road Running, which is excellent and highly recommended.

Thinking about:
After writing a little bit about yoga, stress, and meditation last week, I received a couple of questions about how it works for me. Granted, I've only recently started a semi-regular practice, taking advantage of the two free classes offered in my office each week, but I've really fallen in love with it, which I didn't expect. It takes a lot for me to quiet my mind, while I may be a relatively quiet person on the outside, my brain is usually running a mile a minute. I've always chosen pretty action-y sports- snowboarding, skateboarding, and more recently running and lifting- so yoga was a little intimidating in it's solitude and quiet. Turns out, it's freaking awesome. After sitting at a desk all day, taking an hour to stretch myself out- especially my poor back- is the best thing ever. I also realized the other day that the meditation, breath, and concentration that comes with practicing yoga is essential for me to reconnect with my sense of self and body. As someone who works with clothes and photography, and so many visuals, I often feel as if my life revolves around clothes, and the body is merely a place to put them. Taking that time to concentrate solely on the movement and strength of my body has allowed me to reconnect with myself, quiet my brain, and just relax.

Excited about:
Exchanging gifts. Chris and I haven't exchanged Christmas gifts for the past three years or so, but this year we decided to and I can't wait to give him the gifts I bought him. We also did stockings- which is kind of my favorite part, I love putting together stockings! Also excited about: It's snowing!
Photobucket
1. A sweet holiday gift from my boss // 2. Whisker master in full effect
3. Did I mention Zeph just passes out? // 4. Post-yoga (at the liquor store)