Monday, October 1, 2012

Over the Weekend


It's been forever and a day since I've taken decent weekend photos. Sometimes I just need a break from lugging my camera around. Did you have a nice weekend? Mine was extremely relaxing. Saturday, I sort of had a date-day with myself: I met up with a friend for breakfast, made the seasonal switch in my closet, brought four huge bags of stuff to Avalon, took myself out for coffee, and then went shopping for new tights with my Avalon winnings.

On Sunday, Chris and I woke up bright and early, grabbed bagels and coffee, and then headed out to meet up with a friend for a morning of flea market-ing. The weather on the way there was threatening, with a few down-pours, but by the time we arrived the sun had worked it's way out. We didn't come home with much, but what we bought was well worth it: A vintage Pendleton blanket (above), which is now residing on the back of our couch (this particular one was made between 1920 and 1933...or maybe 1923 and 1930...I can't remember), and I found myself a sizable vintage coffee mug. There was a lot more that I would have been happy to take home with me (like that super bright kitchen set in the first photo), but I'm glad we kept it light. The remainder of the day was spent running a few errands, cleaning up the porch, and making chicken soup and pumpkin cookies.

Happy Monday!

13 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

very cool


http://lavieenliz.com

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

This sounds like my perfect weekend. I wish there were more second hand shops open on a Sunday round me, it just seems like the perfect day for finding a bargain. These photos are lovely, so colourful! xo

Melanie Yarbrough said...

Love self-dates! That blanket looks super cozy. Great find!

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

did you go to trader jack's? or is there another great pittsburgh flea market i should know about?!

kristin said...

You inspire me to clean out my closet, sell at Avalon, and buy all of the stuff you dropped of there with my earnings! Maybe I can find time this week!

Laura Go said...

sounds like a lovely weekend to me! I'd love to just be able to chill and do all those!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Chelle Lynn said...

Hauling a big camera around all the time can definitely be a huge drag. I've learned to be very selective about when I keep it with me. That blanket is fantastic, wonderful find!

Charmaine said...

Not related to this post.... but you've been spotted... slide #3

http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/amazing-hair-trends-to-try/

Just thought I'd let you know.

Melissa said...

This sounds like a great weekend. I love the blanket you bought.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Tina said...

I love your pictures. I've never heard of a medal for lying, that's definitely a bizarre find! I love flea markets and thrifting for that reason...you'll always find something interesting!!

Heather K. said...

New reader here! Love that blanket and your selective focus photography :). I also really enjoyed your Autumn goals, in which I might also add (or make a goal list too).

sincerely,
Heather

{heatheringheights.com}

jackie said...

such a perfect little autumn weekend. and bravo for waking up early. we always try and it never happens.

blue roses said...

i had a lax and lazy weekend as well, and it was perfect! i am preparing to head to africa for vacation, so nice to lay low. i did some thrifting, apple picking, found a new place to repair all my vintage jewelry, and scored an amazing vintage leopard jacket!

love that blanket.... very cozy!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!