Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorites & Life Lately


Happy Friday everyone! Do you have fun weekend plans? It looks like Pittsburgh is going to have some beautiful weather, and I can't wait to get outside and enjoy it. This weekend I'll be running the Color Me Rad 5k (so excited!), volunteering on Saturday night to help with hair and make-up for the Gilda's Club Fashion Show hosted by ModCloth, and visiting Mandy at her yard sale. Between all that, I would love to get some thrifting in, and maybe go on a hike (or even just a walk through Frick Park).

August has been a stressful month, between going to the doctor for myself and having to bring both cats to the vet (Zeb had to go yesterday- he's fine), I feel a little wound up and touchy. I'm looking forward to September's cooler days, and maybe getting out of town again. I don't have any fashion week plans, every year I tell myself to stay home, but now I'm starting to think it might be nice to just go to New York for a couple of days to get away (and go to Beacon's Closet). With my stress level so high, I've been relishing the early mornings lately, getting up at six when it's still a little grey outside, making coffee, and watching the fog burn off with a cat close by.

So, this weekend will be all about getting centered, getting caught up on sleep, and just generally getting back to myself. Every Friday I feel as if I come to you sounding like a frazzled, insane person, and well, that's not entirely untrue.

Here are a few things I'm enjoying from my sponsors, and from around the web this week:

This dress from Spotted Moth has the perfect transitional colors in it, wear it now alone, and later with tights.

The perfect studded jeans. Don't forget to enter the Lulu's giveaway!

Loving this decades-inspired lookbook from Ruche!

After yesterday's post, I'm a little bit obsessed with kimono-style jackets. Loving this one from Bluesville, USA. Receive 15% off with the code orchidgrey at checkout!

Love this crystal dagger pendant from InfinEight!

I would love to have this salt bird in my kitchen to make me laugh every morning.

Sorry friends with babies and those-who-are-easily-offended-and maybe-don't-like-cats-as-much-as-me: Unbaby.me sounds pretty awesome.

Animal jewelry. Are those corgi cufflinks on...lima beans?

Sleep jumpsuit. This would probably be the worst to sleep in, but awesome just to wear.

Mandy started a plus-size clothing line! I'm so excited for her, and knowing her personal-style, the designs will be amazing.

Do you want to feel truly uncomfortable? Watch this.

Embrace criticism and be happy, even if things aren't perfect.

I want this tiger sweater.

Happy (almost) weekend!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

ZOHMAGAWD Unbaby me just changed my life!

Sarah @ Tulle and Trinkets said...

Sounds like you have a busy, but fun, weekend ahead of you. I hope it's great!

ps - your captcha gets me every time! ;)

Brittany Peters said...

I just started following you a week or two ago, and just discovered you're in Pittsburgh! I live in Wheeling, WV, an hour and half away. I'm always looking for some cool thrift shops, but not sure where to start in the big city.

The Littlest Smitten said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I had date with my husband last night and tried out a new pizza spot. It was great and we'll definateky be back again. Went home after ate Ben & Jerry's and watched some True Blood before heading to sleep early. After working six days in a row I was tuckered. Today we had my mother and best friend over for brunch. Used up some of are farm share veggies to makes egg frittatas. After they left we took a walk downtown and went to two different places holding wine tastings. Walked the long way back home and have been enjoying a relaxing after at home. Even got in a mini nap. Sunday I work for a bit and then we'll head over to our friend's house to have dinner with them and their kids. One of which is our god daughter!
That tiger sweater is amazing! Also I think Unbaby me is genius! Have fun tonight at the fashion show! Sounds like an amazing event. Happy weekend!

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gabrielle belesprit said...

What a darling kitty cat! I live in Pittsburgh too--small world!!!

blue roses said...

i just got home from a long weekend in the berkshires (great barrington, mass to be exact) with a big group of friends..... highly recommend! the area is beautiful, tranquil, and abounds with darling b and b's, antiques, restaurants, lakes, trails, and markets. so much delicious local food! i wish we could have stayed longer. it would be ideal for a romantic get away too....

love the kimono look, and very jealous. i've had visions/fantasies of a cream kimono for years.... it still eludes me.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!