Friday, August 24, 2012

Life Lately


Happy Friday everyone! Do you have fun weekend plans? It looks like Pittsburgh is going to have some beautiful weather, and I can't wait to get outside and enjoy it. This weekend I'll be running the Color Me Rad 5k (so excited!), volunteering on Saturday night to help with hair and make-up for the Gilda's Club Fashion Show hosted by ModCloth, and visiting Mandy at her yard sale. Between all that, I would love to get some thrifting in, and maybe go on a hike (or even just a walk through Frick Park).

August has been a stressful month, between going to the doctor for myself and having to bring both cats to the vet (Zeb had to go yesterday- he's fine), I feel a little wound up and touchy. I'm looking forward to September's cooler days, and maybe getting out of town again. I don't have any fashion week plans, every year I tell myself to stay home, but now I'm starting to think it might be nice to just go to New York for a couple of days to get away (and go to Beacon's Closet). With my stress level so high, I've been relishing the early mornings lately, getting up at six when it's still a little grey outside, making coffee, and watching the fog burn off with a cat close by.

So, this weekend will be all about getting centered, getting caught up on sleep, and just generally getting back to myself. Every Friday I feel as if I come to you sounding like a frazzled, insane person, and well, that's not entirely untrue.